UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Let's say 10 miles limit. That's quite enough for an evening out!
!. Sousta, Birnbeck, WSM Splendid Greek to make you feel at home.
2. Dimitri's Taverna, Richmond St, WSM. Excellent but not cheap. Probably my favourite.
3. Castle, Chew Stoke
4. Summer House, WSM.
5. Thatched Cottage, WSM.
How many would you like? They are probably all on Grapevine.com if you would like to read reviews. I can't think of any really good restaurants in Brean itself. Loads more if you wish to venture further afield. I know a good one in Kalkan!

Any use?
Hi rpbristol, thank you for the recommendations, I will make a note of these. I too, know of a lot of restaurants in Kalkan that I could recommend to you !!!! Check out the Kalkan Forum and compare notes !!

Les
Have just returned from a special weekend, the Queen Fan Club took over the camp. It has to be said that the Staff were friendly, considering to them we were an unknown entity but guests and staff alike, thoroughly enjoyed the break. Because of the amount of activity going on in the Ballroom, we only used the chalet for sleeping and freshening up, it was basic, clean and functional. The staff had gone to the trouble of putting some credit on the electric meters and putting the heaters on for our arrival of which was greatly appreciated.

As for food, I had some Southern Fried Chicken from Caseys Whistle Stop and the coating proved to be over cooked and the chicken was very much like rubber. The Texas Turnovers were something else. Though we didn't have anything from the Restaurant, we didn't hear of any complaints. There was a good selection of dishes on the menu. The Sunday Roast at £6.59 looked excellent value with the choice of Beef, Pork, Turkey and Gammon Joint.

Some people chose to eat off camp across the main road, having previously had bad experiences with Pontins Prestatyn Restaurant. The reports were very favourable. We went out on the friday night to the Dunstan House Inn at Burnham-on-Sea. Apart from the fact that they had run out of three items on the Menu(this was only 7pm !!), we did manage to achieve having a meal here, of which we did enjoy. A little further down the road is a Hungry Horse establishment(next door to Tesco), so if we return to Brean next year, then I think we may give it a try. Both of these eateries are 4.5 miles from the Camp.

Les
Big thumbs up for Clark's village at Street. Bargains galore in a nice setting too.

Love the proper pasty shop and they do a neat scone, jam and cream with a cuppa for £2-95!
We are booked to go to Pontins Brean Sands at the end of March via the ubiquitous Sun "9.50" holidays. I must admit, if we had read the reviews on the Web beforehand we would not have put it on our list of possible sites, we will know for next time. In the meantime, could anyone please comment on whether it would be worth upgrading from the Budget chalet Most of the complaints seem to relate to the cleanliness of the accommodation and I suspect that they are all cleaned to the same standard by the same people. It also appears that if the accommodation is bad it is worth complaining as you may get another choice so long as they are not fully booked. Any comments would be helpful.

R1
A friend from work went with her hubby and their 3 year old last summer and they enjoyed. They had the top accomodation though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.