Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
We always used to go for a wander around the small harbour/marina after breakfast and while away some time in some of the little cafe bars and have lunch at what was known as the "five dinar" restaurant.

Hop on the mini-train into Sousse for a nosey around the souk (bazaar) and take a quick gander in the fixed price shop to give you an idea of the maximum price you should pay before you start haggling in the bazaar.

Since we've been I hear there's a few more bars in PEK now and there was a micro brewery had opened when we were there last and I gather a nice fountain area near where the Maison des Jardins apartments are situated just by the shops.

We also took the 2 day safari but that was the first time in Tunisia when we were in Hammamet.

There's loads of places to go and if you're feeling adventurous - jump aboard the train in Sousse and explore.

We've mostly gone late summer and mid December so can't help too much with temperatures but it will be hot and dry in June. We've never done AI in Tunisia as we like to get out and about.
We have never stayed in PEK but have visited there, the square is lovely of a night, with waterfalls that light up. The weather is glorious in June, we normally go the end of June and the weather is fantastic. My son was about 11 when we first started going to tunisia, we done the aniamal park, plenty of walking but we both enjoyed it, African night, again we enjoyed but can be noisy. I do find it safe to venture out and about the noddy train and tuk tuks are a must :-)
Just to add, my mistake the animal park although there is walking involved its not loads, (I was thinking of an animal rescue in another country ) with the animal park in Tunisia, there is a sea life show, and then the african evening at the end of it, sorry again for my mistake :-)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.