France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Port Grimaud
11 Posts
Hi,

Great place!! We went last year and are going again this year. From what I recall, there are 2 restaurants, 2 takeway places and a small supermarket on the site. We used them all and found them all to be acceptable. If you eat in Port Grimaud itself, expect to pay a little more for most places and there are some expensive places for the special occasion..

Further along the main road is an English corner shop and along from that is a Geant Supermarket that will cover all self catering needs.

Are you staying in a Thompson home or someone else ?

Any questions then fire away...

Glad to help (assuming I did)!!
Thanks for your reply and your help. If you are going back again this year then that is a good sign! It looks like a lovely area from any photos I have seen.

We are travelling by coach (Siesta) as i don't like flying - the mobile home belongs to them. It is called a Deluxe 8 and is new this year - looks nice.

Here come the questions...

Are there any excursions arranged from the site - Monaco etc?
What time of year were you there? We are going in July and I expect it will be really busy!
My boys love fishing - were you aware of any fishing facilities/trips when you were there?

All I want is sunshine (maybe the odd bottle of wine and some good food!) - but I better make sure that the rest of the family will be happy too! Hopefully if the weather is good they will be happy to spend a lot of time on the beach.

thanks again!
This is what my Autoroute pushpin says about Camping Les Prairies de la Mer

Camping Les Prairies de la Mer, St Pons-les-Murs, 83360 Grimaud [tel: 04 94 79 09 09]
Large site, wc, chemical waste disposal, showers, hook-up, gas, laundry , restaurant, bar, snacks, sand beach near, playground, boat parking on beach, fishing, watersports, dogs, open 23 Mar-20 Oct.

For Fishing do you mean beach or boat??

Beach fishing is easy as it's the med - no tides just you may find access a little difficult find a brakwater to walk down but be prepared for rocks as they are usually gignatic boulder heaped up on the med coast

as for boat fishing try the harbour but don't bother with the harbour at St Tropez no fishing boats from there

Not got ant photo's of that area the nearest we got was St Tropez harbour
Thanks for your advice. Glad to see that fishing is listed in the notes about the campsite. The boys enjoy both types of fishing so hopefully they will get the opportunity while they are there.
Thanks for your advice. Glad to see that fishing is listed in the notes about the campsite. The boys enjoy both types of fishing so hopefully they will get the opportunity while they are there.

There is only Sea fishing around that area mostly from rock or boats

but
Tell your boys to be aware that a lot of French fishermen take EVERYTHING they catch to eat even stuff we would through back to grow bigger
Pauljen,

You can book trips from either the rep (siesta) I think or there is a shop on the site that can be used. We drove down, so tended to use the car to get around more than anything else. We were going to Nice on one day but discovered there was a U2 concert and they closed most of the roads off on the way into Nice, so we diverted off elsewhere. We did go to Cannes which was nice and into Grimaud itself (which is in the hills). The port itself is like a smaller version of Venice, with its waterways and boats.

If I remember correctly, the Siesta homes are right in the middle of the site - so u can get to everything. We stayed in a private home that belongs to a mate of mine and although it was new and had a shower, my daughter and I tended to use the showers in the 'blocks'. These were brilliant.

We were there last week in July/first week in August - it rained one night and that was it...

We were due to go to St Tropez with some friends we made as they had a speedboat mored in the Port, but my wife was ill on the said day, so I decided that we didn't go, which was a shame. Having said that, it was my 40th while we were there and these 'friends' found out and we spend the evening of my birthday going around the waterways of the port drinking champagne till the early hours - unforgettable!!!

The beach is nice also. This was the first year we had been away without access to a swimming pool and was dreading it, but we were very suprised that we had such a good time without it.

There was also a kids club run for the whole site...

There is free entertainment every night (outside) which is mostly singing. Couple that with happy hour and it ends up being a good night for all...

This link gives some details of the site:
http://www.suke-holidays.com/suke_en/index_en.html
or google cote d'azur
Thanks for taking the time to give me all that info - it is really helpful. I can't wait to go now!

The Suke site is great - lots of lovely photos.

Roll on July!
Hi there

My mum & dad live in PG 1/2 the year (lucky things) & we're driving down in September.

The restaurants can be quite expensive espcially in the square PG1, but there are some more in PG2 that do work out a bit cheaper (10 minute walk).

If you can get up into the hills at all there are some lovely places in Grimaud village etc but it may be tricky without a car.

Not sure how old your children are but there's a big fair called Luna Park nearby, & you can get the ferry to St Tropez & St Maxime for the day
Hi all
Heading out to Prairies de la Mer next Saturday,4th July, really looking forward to it. Just wondering about one of my daughters who is 14 years old-that funny age-is there enough day time stuff and discos etc. at night for this particular age group? Thanks.
Hi I am thinking going to this resort is it ok for mature couples !?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.