Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi We went to Posh in November. Lovely meal, and a bit different from the normal run of the mill restaurants. Price wise about the same as After 7 or Souymens Kitchen. We were the only 2 in the restaurant that night. Its very remote. I really did enjoy my meal and I would go back.
Never been to Bhattis yet. I understand it is open again this year. But I believe you need to be in for about 7ish or you wont get a seat. Maybe try it when we fly out next week. See you there!!!!!
Hi, we came back last Friday and Bhatti Bar was still going strong. Consistantly lovely food especially his variety of fish and his Chicken Cafreal and his chips are delish. Drinks are also a fraction of the 'tourist strip' price. We found that sometimes he was packed out and others he was very quiet. Patrick admits that he has no idea what the night will bring. Don't think you have to be there too early these days and there doesnt seem to be the same amount of tourists around.
If you get the chance definately give it a go.
kind regards
Towpal are the toilets clean in Bhattis :whoops I hate dirty loos!!!!
Gemma....yes the toilets are very clean, they are outside at the back of the restaurant.
Bushbay...in Nerul, turn LEFT (NOT right towards Cocoa Beach) follow the lane down, it is on the left hand side and will be lit with fairy lights.
Can't imagine anyone will be disappointed but remember it is a local place with food cooked to order and there may be a wait....more time to enjoy a few cheap drinks!
Thanks Towpal :tup Ive been meaning to visit Bhattis for a few years, maybe we will get there this time :D
hi gemma,i will be really interested to hear what you think of battìs although it was on my list of musts we didn`t get there,have a great time
I checked out Bhatti's and Posh at Nerul on emorning on our scooter. Bhatti did not have any tables at all for 6 people and is so isolated that if your party don't fancy it they would be stuck there. Posh looked lovely, but was not going to have any customers, therefore not much atmosphere. Had it just been me and OH, we would have used both, but we felt responsible for 4 other 'newbies', so didn't suggest them as they would have been paying for taxi's everywhere.
Debs, I am sorry but we didnt make it to Bhatti's :( same old story so many places to visit and so little time. Just means I need to go back to Goa so I can pay the place a visit on my next trip ;)
hi gemma,cant believe holidays are over,we didn`t get to a lot of the restaurants we had planned,but batti`s will be high on the list for next time,did you get to bomra`s,or the mayonna bar,seems all we do is wish time away till we get back to the md cheers Deb
Hi Debs no we didnt get to Bomra's either. I met Moles, Kent at the HT meet and she wasnt over impressed with the place, and to be honest, it put me off. LinB also said it was ok for somewhere different, but she wouldnt go out of her way to return. So I decided to give it a miss.
Also staying at the MD, Mayonna's isnt too far down to the road for us, but I heard you need to go really early, about 7.30pm on a Sunday night, so that put me off going there.
As you say there are so many places to go but its fitting them all in.

We did go to St Anthonys Tea Room. I read all the brilliant reports on the forum, so decided to give it a try. We opted for the cream tea which was good, but I found the place a bit "dirty", the table cloths were definitely in need of a change and there was a bit of a smell from them :really , it put me off to be honest. The small scones and lemon drizzle cake were nice enough. The jury is still out on this one, but I do think its over rated, only my opinion again of course.
Actually Gemma , I felt the same as you re St Anthony's, the cream tea was quite nice but the place looked like it needed a good clean.
that is really funny Gemma because we went to St Anthonys last week for the 1st time in a long long time as we fancied a cream tea and i too remarked that it looked dirty, sort of rundown and in need of a good clean...then i made excuses for it, saying its very difficult right on that junction of the road with all the dust and it is end of season.... but like you, i then noticed the tablecloths were not clean and that always puts me off..also i didnt see Peter.. ?? so yes i agree they need to get their act together because its not THAT cheap there and people expect certain standards if they are paying those prices.
Chilly
Hi Debs no we didnt get to Bomra's either. I met Moles, Kent at the HT meet and she wasnt over impressed with the place, and to be honest, it put me off. LinB also said it was ok for somewhere different, but she wouldnt go out of her way to return. So I decided to give it a miss.

What about the food? :que
O.K. it's not where you would go for a good night out or a rave - but it's a restaurant that serves good food. :duh
Perhaps it's because they don't do steak and chips. :think
Due to your recommendations Max looking forward to visiting Bombras on our next visit.
yes same here Bombras will be top of our list,iwish i didn`t spend so much time thinking about food,we have found there is a burmese restaurant close to us,(i think the only one in the country)going to give it a try
Strangely enough I wasn't all curried out when we went to Bomra's, so I wasn't getting withdrawal symptoms for some 'bland' food. It was on our 3rd or 4th night in Candolim. Just felt that I didn't really know what to order, didn't like it when I got it, didn't like the ants all over the meal table. Out of six of us only one person enjoyed their meal. All of us felt it was a bit overpriced too, for the size of the portions. Prefer Indian and/or chinese and /or Thai. Just about opinions isn't it? everyone to their own.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.