Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Have you thought about using a data card. I have one through o2 and it cost £10 per month for 5mb download followed by £1 for every subsequent mb of download. There are other rates as well.
can you use them abroad?
Hi johnlee,

I've never felt the need to explore internet access via 3G or GPRS, indeed I consider myself lucky if I obtain an adequate voice signal in my Bulgarian village - I'm aware that a friend has used his T-Mobile handset to collect e-mails etc., while in Bulgaria but have no idea of the process or costs involved.

O2's international data pricing is shown at the bottom of this page - the logical thing would probably be to contact O2 and check the best solution for your needs with them.

A basic PAYG SIM in Bulgaria was around 10 Leva (including call credits & a free video) when I bought mine in 2004 - most hotels, petrol stations, mini markets, etc., sell top up cards of various values, starting at 5 Leva.

As far as I can recall O2's Bulgarian roaming partner is M-Tel, other major providers are Vivatel & Globul.

Baldur
there is a new roaming programme on M-tell..
http://www.mtel.net/roaming/traveller.php?sid=bb65eb6ebf5a8e4d062f3f49870c52ea&
check the roaming coz the price can vary with the operator!!
Hi Tanny

I think you'll find that the M-Tel link that you gave is for customers who are on their 'pay monthly' tariffs, rather than PAYG. The offer refers to 'post paid customers' :wink:
Baldur
thanks for that folks. well i spoke to o2, and the lady advised getting an mtel sim card. she said it would still be expensive but not as bad as it would be on 02.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.