Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Well the weather in New York is similar to that in the UK- but as soon as you get down the East coast as far as Florida it should warm up nicely. We have been down in the Caribbean in Dec and it was in the 80's. What are your ports of call?
Thankyou for your reply. Would you happen to know what sort of a cruise down to the Florida to expect. Is the sea from New York in November rough.?
Well,most cruises sailaway at 5pm- so for that day you will have New York weather, and as you go down the Eastern Seaboard it will take all of the next day to get to warmer waters ,so as to what the sea will be like.....?? You are not far off the coast as you go down,but I don't think anyone could reliably predict what sea conditions will be.

November is at the very end of the Hurricane season. I don't recall ever hearing of tropical storms that late,but normal winter storms can occur..

In the winter I think I might skip the NY departures and head for Miami or Fort Lauderdale. To me it would seem like 'wasting' a day or so in cold weather before I could jump in the pool or enjoy on deck time..
BTW you can check on NY weather for that time of year by going to
weatherunderground.com/US/NY/NewYork.html
About half way down is a section called History and Almanac- put in the dates you want to check and it will give all the details of that day's weather.
Thankyou for your replies. I have had a look at the site. But as you say no one can prodict what the weather is going to be like however I now have a rough idea.I really wish now I had asked the question before booking. But will have to go with sea sickness tablets and hope for best.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.