Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
I am on the QM2 on the 29th February for the 10 night Caribbean cruise. If you are flying T/A then the allowance is 2 checked pieces of baggage each. 23K in weight also 2 pieces of hand baggage.
The only problem you might encounter is if you have a domestic flight they may only allow you one piece each without charging excess baggage.
The important thing is how your tickets are booked. If you have a ticket which is a through ticket then the other airline will allow the T/A baggage but if you book a domestic flight yourselves or if it booked as an extra then this could create a p roblem. This happened to me last year flying from Leeds/Bradford to Heathrow.
This time around I am flying direct to NY from Manchester with BA and coming back I am flying into Heathrow but also on the domestic flight with BA to Manchester.

I am not sure about hiring tuxedo but you can ask this question from Cunard and they will tell you.
You will love the QM2 as I did when I did a BTB T/A on her last year in July. I am so looking forward to being back on board. I am paying a single supplement but I have had a little bit of luck and got an upgrade on my room.

Just enjoy it.

Sue
You don't actualy need a TUX, dark suit will do,

You will find that it is almost as cheap to buy one anyway, hire is expensive whenever I looked.

I picked up a second hand(£25) one from a chaity shop and get some of my formal shirts there also.

I have not checked this out but a google came up with this place that do a set for around £100

http://www.clermontdirect.com (nice price for a cream jacket fancy one of those myself)

I would also look at the high street like M&S,Next see what they have.

Nice choice for a first cruise.
We returned home today from the QM2 New York Caribbean cruise, albeit the 13 night version. Whilst dark suits are worn by some men, 75% are in tuxes on formal nights. Agree you can buy cheaply, try Moss Brothers in some of the discount malls.

You will have 3 formal nights, 3 semi-formal (jacket and tie) and 3 elegant casual (jacket, no tie). From our experience you would look out of place not conforming to this dress code, unless you choose to eat in the Kings Court, self-service area.

Don't worry about the formal balls, most people go to the show in Theatre and only about 25% of those who do attend the ball bothers about dressing with masks etc.
Agree with all Hamrag says about the QM2 , with the exception of the Kings Court at night for dinner.

It is waiter service in some of the venues at the Kings Court and I really do recommend you try this there is no charge for this but you do need to book not like Todd English it has a cover charge both for lunch and dinner.But hubby still wore his tux here .

I would say in our experience daytime on the QM2 is very casual but dinner is a time for the "glad rags". Brilliant ship you will enjoy it with or without the tux :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.