Disabled Person Holiday Discussions

Are you disabled or know someone who is? What are your experiences of hotels and resorts as a disabled person?
Hi Serena, Yes, I had to do this when we flew with Thomson to Mexico 2 years ago. I think it is standard practice with them. I have not had to do it with any other companies.
Thanks Jax :) , it's just that we surprised as we hadn't heard anyone else talk about it
i have flown with thomson twice in the last 8 months and have always been asked for my blue badge number, they have also told me to take copies of my blue badge, and anything else i have , doctors/consultants letters etc which i have always taken but never been asked for them as the request comes up on the system when they put your name in, also i take an old blue badge with me (dont no if a photo copy would work the same) (my main holidays are in Tenerife and benalmadena, torremolinos etc) and when i get to the taxi ranks outside i show it to one of the people at the taxi rank and they get a taxi for you :)
Thanks wn, I think I will take your tip about showing the badge for taxis at the airport.
the people normally have shirts and ties on or they may look like police but they always seem to be directing the taxi's and showing people were to queue up, i just go to them , show them the badge and they get you a taxi straight away
we have also been asked for our sons blue badge details with thomsons. flew MYT and Thomas Cook and never been asked by them.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.