Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
We've stayed at the Esmeraldas on several occasions. They're fairly basic, but clean, the staff are friendly. The pool is small, but we didn't find this a major problem in low season. It was popular with families and there's a nice playground and 2 large supermarkets nearby.

In late may we've had weeks of sunny days in the 70s and other weeks when its been normally warm enough to swim, but with high cloud and showers on some days.

Tossa is an interesting, very spanish town with plenty of relaxing terrace bars and restaurants. But there are few english pubs or bars with entertainment.

The beaches are shingly and slope quite steeply into the sea, but you'll have plenty of room in May.

We found the resort quiet during the week, but a lot of locals come out at the weekend.
Anyone been to AptHotel Esmeraldas this year? whats it like?
Review from June '06 HERE.

Pippy :D
Has anyone stayed at the Esmerelda Apartments recently? If so, could you give my some info on them please? If you've booked them independently, which company did you use?

Thinking of booking for Spring Bank Week and any info would be greatly appreciated :D

Thanks

Elaine :fly
could anyone tell me what this hotel is like me and my family in need of a short break for 2 nights. does anyone know how much it is to upgrade to half board for friday - sunday
thanks
To upgrade it costs 10 euros per day but from what i'd heard it was not worth it
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.