EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Hi Lyn,

Where is your lovely holiday home? we are looking for a holiday home out there but preferably in the countryside or mountain area
Have you any suggestions?

Tush
Hi Tush,the house i have is in the town of Elhovo,1 hour drive from the seaside and the airport in Bourgas.The town became very popular last couple of years,I love it,it is so peaceful and quiet,the people are friendly and there are many british people that own properties in the villages nearby.These are the contacts of the real estate company i bought the property from/they also do building works at reasonable prices/- managebg@gmail.com and thebulgarianpropertyfinder.co.uk .Take a look or contact them,because they have already renovated houses for sale.It depends what you are looking for and what your budget is,but they can help you with how much you can afford to spend.They even helped me with the house insurance,the bank,the shops,tha restaurants,etc.
Good luck,
Lyn
Hi Lyn

Thanks for your help

What a coincidence we have just returned from Granitovo where our friends live

Will give more info having to rush this my online connection keeps cutting off lost two postings already

tush
Hi Lyn.
I am about to buy a plot of land not too far from Bourgas.
I've paid the deposit by a bank transfer, but don't want to pay the same way the full amount.
What are the other options?
I prefer cash, myself. They list property prices in Euro, but eventually the payments is done in Lewa, or am I wrong :que
What is the best currency to bring with me for final payment?
Another question here:
I've searched a few websites and found that the cost of building a house would be around 500 Euro per sq m.
Seems a bit too high, for Bulgaria at least. Is it cheapper when you are there?
Best regards, Elena.
hi Elena
I paid all by euros. You can do that by using a currency exchange company. I use Interchange but there are a lot of different companies to choose from. Best to speak to a few and say what you want. They can also help with advice on the best way to do your deal. For instance they can an eye on the market and tell you the best time to buy your money.
Thank you Fiona.
I've read on another forum that the best way with spending money in Bulgaria is to use Nationwide Debit card.
I luckily have one.
Do you know of any withdrawal limits or charges on either side?
Thank you.
No fees or charges with withdrawing using a Nationwide FlexAccount debit card and you get the full Interbank rate. You can withdraw up to the equivalent of £300 per day although some ATM's have a lower limit.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.