Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
hi we flew into barcelona international, bcn with easyjet ,I think this is the nearest to the city ,we also stayed in a resort and drove into barcelona ,allthough my son on a differant trip stayed in the centre of barcelona very cheaply with alpharooms .But I must say that the train is very easy and cheap into barcelona from the nearby resorts brian
Hi Binara...there used to be loads on here about getting to Barcelona.. :think Reus if I remember right means a bus into Reus its self and then train...I have gone by coach to Barcelona from Salou which is where Reus is...its a long haul....think Girona is nearer...Ryanair air quote it for Barcelona...Tweetie
ryanair and barcelona are not compatible as the transfer times/costs from reus or gerona are too long.
i believe the best options, if you want to stay in barcelona are easyjet or BA.
have a look here for more information
Monarch also use Barcelona rather than the others.

John.
Thanks for the advice given so far. I have now taken that advice and have identifed flights with BA to Barcelona that are resonable.

Now I just need to know if it's better to book a hotel in the city or to commute from a nearby resort and get the best of both worlds.
Im going to Barcelona from the 20th to the 24th of September. Im flying Monarch from Manchester to Barcelona (El Prat) which is about 20 mins from the centre taking the train from the airport, about 30 mins by bus. I only wanted a cheap central hotel as its four nights and found a good deal at the autohogar which is in easy reach of all the sites within the city and also the metro for the airport. There are various options buying public transport tickets which can save you money when travelling around. I thought this easier and cheaper than commuting into the city every day.
Thanks for all the advice, especially to Colin as I almost booked the Autohogar, but delayed too long and missed out on the flight and hotel deal I had been offered by Alpharooms. The hotel was still available, but the flights had gone.

I've now managed to book everything separately and will be in the hotel Principal which is aparently 5 minutes walk from La Rambla.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.