Caribbean - Cuba Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Cuba
Playa Pesquero in Guardalavaca - any of the 3 hotels on that beach. ;)
It depends on what you are after and your budget. When it comes to Cuba's finest, the Paradisus Rio De Oro is probably the cream of hotels in the Guardalavaca area. If you want to visit Havana, then Varadero is probably a better base. I stayed at the Barcelo SolyMar there and it's in a good location and not a bad hotel, not a patch on the PDRO though. They are totally different resorts and offer different activities / view of Cuba. If you do a search for Cuba on this forum, you'll find loads of information and opinions. You'll also find hotel reviews on the Hotel Review section.

Darren
Prefered the Cayos to Guadalavaca but there is nothing there except beaches and resort hotels. More info on my website below.

Remember September is Huricane Season.
Paradisus Rio De Oro is wonderful , infact i have travelled extensively over the caribbean and is probably the best hotel I have stayed in , however it does depend on your budget ! This hotel is probably the best part of £1800 depended on the time of year that you travel but is worth every penny !!!
I think on a first visit to Cuba a day or two in Havana is a must, an unbelievable place that I think could change over the next few years. For this reason I would suggest varaderro which may not be the best resort but the easiest one for visitng Havana.

Kind Regards
Stewart
PRDO is a wonderful hotel food to die for, They do a overnight visit to Havana which includes the Tropicana Night Club a must on any visit. We are going in July Under £1300 including Premier Class Cabin on flight.
Great idea to do a 2 centre holiday as we did, 4 nights in havana and 10 nights in varadero,
Now its 9 yrs since we went and we actually got married in an old colonial house in havana, ( hubby is named after che guevara ! ) and we had a fantastic 4 nights there staying at the international and then transfering to varadero stayed at the brisas del caribe where we were really lucky and after saying we had got married in havana and hubby being called che, I suspect, we got upgraded for free to the honeymoon suite !! bloomin' lovely ! we had a suite with jacuzzi, our own butler, they sent flowers and champagne up to the room, it was fantastic !!!
The best holiday we ever had was cuba, met some fantasic locals who helped us out with our wedding ( we organised it ourselves via the cuban embassy in london ) and as has been mentioned, you must go to havanna before it all changes.
The best bit was a month after coming home was finding I was 4 weeks pregnant with our daughter and no, we didn't call her havana !!
have fun wherever you choose !
cheers,
juby :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.