Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Jump in a taxi at Bangkok airport, if you come out of the airport to the taxi rank, there is normally a queue but it goes down quickly, you pay a 50thb tax to the desk and the fare into town is approx 250 - 300thb. You will pay approx 5 times more if you use a transfer service.

Same as for CM but a lot cheaper. I have paid as little as 80thb.

Sorry can't help with the ciggies but no doubt they will be cheaper.
Ciggies:- around a £1 for twenty.45-65bhat. Marlboro and Krong Thip (in various strengths) are almost the only choice in 7/11 shops.
DON'T try to jump the gun by taking more than 200 cigs each into Thailand, if caught the fine is huge.
Thanks for the replies. Will definitely be getting a taxi from the airport now! And we are not going to be taking any cigarettes through with us - will buy them as we get to each in country we visit. Plus at those prices we won't need to take any with us!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.