Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Here are our reviews for this hotel:- http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/bulgaria/sunny-beach/yavor-palace-hotel/

Also if anyone has stayed here please add your review via the above link.

Many thanks :tup
In the past Bulgaria has been extremely cheap whether it was food, drink, cigarettes etc., However with the £ very low we'll have to wait and see what this year will bring when the 1st wave of holidaymakers go out in May/June.

:sun2 Toonman
Hi Toonman,

In the past Bulgaria has been extremely cheap whether it was food, drink, cigarettes etc.,

Cigarettes are slightly higher than last July/August at the moment, e.g. West Red are 2.70 Leva, the same as last September, but I believe that there may be increases yet to come this year. Drink prices don't appear to have changed significantly (at least in local shops/supermarkets that I have visited so far).

Some food prices are higher here than in the UK, e.g. fresh pork & chicken, cheese, kolbasi (cold processed meat products) and nadenitsi (sausages).

Petrol & diesel prices are lower than last year (around 1.73 to 1.75 Leva per litre for A95H unleaded and 1.66 per litre for diesel) but I'm told by friends here that local bus prices have not dropped to reflect the reduction in fuel prices.

As you say, how these 'real' Bulgarian prices convert to prices charged in the resorts remains to be seen.

Based on the two withdrawals that I have made so far from ATMs, using my Nationwide Flex Debit Card, the rate averages 2.197 Leva per £1, compared with Raiffeisen Bank's cash rate of 2.167.

Baldur
An update on cigarette prices has been reported in today's Standart online, which indicates that the large (by Bulgarian standards) increases in excise duty may, subject to EP approval, be phased in over a longer period than previously planned (up to 2014).

When in Bulgaria earlier this month, I actually found that my favourite Dobrich supermarket still had fairly large stocks of West Red at the pre-August/September 2008 increase rate of 2.50 Leva, but all other outlets in both the Dobrich & Varna areas had the increased duty stock at 2.70 Leva, which will probably be >3 Leva when the latest increases kick in.

The Marlboro range were selling at the 2009 increased rate of 3.40 Leva.
52 days to go !!!

Just bought some sun cream and some shorts ...
Gettin in the holiday spirit especially as uk is havin a heat wave :sun2
41 days here, to yavor palace, hopefully we will be back in time to leave you a report!
38 days to go now

Counting them down
Ticking each day off in the calendar :)

Cant wait to have that first beer in sunny beach :cheers

BRING ON THE :sun2 as its p....... it down here in Leeds :cry
Myself, partner and son (aged 6) are going to SB on 3rd August for 2 weeks - staying a Yavor Palace - has anyone been to this hotel yet? Any info would be great!!

Caroline X
hi caroline,
I have not been to SB but have been to GS three times. Just go with an open mind and you will be suprised how much you will enjoy it. Forget the bad things you here, you are in bulgaria not in england. If they want english style they should holiday in england.
Cornish lad
:que :wave:
hi caroline have been to yavor on bed and breakfast it was good hotel clean staff good and you ar in centre of sunny beach have great holiday :wave:
13 days to go!!! WHOOOO Just got our tickets and all ready to go - i know this is sad, but gonna start packing a few things over the weekend lol

Everyone have a good holiday!!

Caroline
Hope you have a great holiday Caroline. The Yavor Palace is right in the centre, if you cross the main road at the lights into the market area, you'll find prices are cheaper. I can recommend the Atol, the first restaurant on your left after you cross the main road. They do a big beer at 1lev and a free bottle of wine for two persons dining. Food is very good.I recommend the Pork fillet with pepper sauce at 12.50lev.
We were in Bulgaria for 3weeks June til 15th July and will be back for 12days on 31st August. Look forward to your report when you get back.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.