Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Colin .... for online privacy and protection, your e-mail address has been removed from the post as per our Terms & Conditions. Members interested in viewing the photos can make initial contact by PM, or you could upload them to the Photo Galleries (link at top of page).

We also have a reviews page for this hotel, where you may like to copy your report for the benefit of future holidaymakers:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/bulgaria/sunny-beach/victoria-palace-hotel/

Many thanks
David :wave
colin

the hotel you stayed in looks absolutley superb

we had a few drinks in the beach bar opposite

when we go back to sunny beach (which will be in a few years, as we are trying diffent places whilst we are still taking the daughter)

the victoria palace is the hotel we will be staying at
hi colin just read your e-mail.
glad you had a good holiday and enjoyed yourselves.
we are off to sunny beach 29th august so would love to have some literature from you.
we will let you know how we got on when we get back
we are staying in the mena palace.
Hi Olcote
The mena palace was across the road from our hotel - chrisantema.
It is in a good location, just 5 mins from a great beach and 10 mins from main centre.
We met a couple who said the hotel was fab, clean and friendly. they said food was OK as well, although it is chea[p to eat out anyway.
The only negative was the evening entertainment was naff. But then so was ours. We went out mostevenings anyway.
Hope you enjoy yourselves.
hi colin

had a great hol at vic palace. read your post for the hotel and i could not agree more. i think i passed you by on the 2nd day of our hol at the poolside bar( blow up chair beside you??). i said to my hubbie and he said just go and ask him?? i'm more reserved than him and did'nt. Only got pool side beds 1 day of our holiday, so spent a lot of the time at the beach..so did not meet a lot of people from the hotel which dissapointed me.

grace
Grace.
Im not surprised we missed each other. The hotel was full. Speaking to a chap who tried to book the Vic Palace for next July or August... Fully booked already. If I were to go back I would try that new hotel The Majestic next door to the Palace. It looks fab. Anyway we have booked Turkey for next year. Peagasus Palace. Got bad reviews on the Telly the other night. But it was only opened this year so hopefully they will have sorted out any probs for next year. Glad you had a good holiday. We only got sunbeds because I came down every day at 7.30 and sat there till the wife appeared at 10.30. The things we have to do.
see ya
Hi All,
I've just booked to stop in the new apartments for July 2006, has anyone recently stopped there, or going in the near future, any info on these aprtments (Pics would be appreciated).

thanks
the apartments are not finished yet.
Seahunt,
thanks for reply, have you just come back ?, where are the apartments situated ?, do they have a sea view ?
hey dog
got back this morning.the apartments are more to the rear of the VP.i dont think theres a sea view.people were putting the floor tiles in last week and also doing what looks like an outside bar.they are painted in the same gold as the palace.nice :lol:
Hi,

There are 11 of us going to Bulgaria on Saturday next for a week. Would love to know from anyone who has been there recently what the hotel is like. What are the Spa Therapy's like - which one would you recommend?I understand the food isn't great but -hey we're only going for a week and I'm sure we won't starve.

As most of my group are women would love to know about SHOPPING!!! :lol: Where are the good shops and what is good value - although I believe everything is cheap. Love to hear from you.
If you go to the hotel reviews you will find that the hotel has got good reviews .I have never been to S/B always G/S but the clothes are good and cheap also the leather shoes are great value .A lot of fake designer gear but very good qualityI go to Varna but i am sure there are places nearer hand for you to get what you would like .June :wave Have a good holiday
Thanks for that - it should get us off to a good start.
Hi, we stayed in the Victoria Palace in July/August this year. Like you we heard the food was not very good, but in our view, the food was great, there was always something for everyone. The hotel is really nice, only downside is not enough cupboard space, and you have to be up at 7am to get a sunbed. Any other info you require just ask.
spot on jemajo,we went in august and the only downer was cupboard space,the food was ok,
we were on the 7th floor overlooking the pool area.it was funny seeing security remove towels of empty beds. :lol:
Hi!In September it is good for shopping,yes, because there are a lot of discounts at this time.But it is also recommendable to go on shopping in the town of Bourgas.It is 40 km far from Sunny Beach and there are a lot of buses on every half on hour going to there.In Bourgas you can go on the main street and you will find a lot of shops.
Thanks to everybody for your advice. Heading for airport at 4am so better get some shut eye!! Really looking forward to the trip. Talk soon.
Hi again,

Back from Sunny Beach and the Victoria Palace. The hotel - front, back and reception area are fabulous. Overall it wasn't the "holiday from hell" but it wouldn't be top of my list to go back to. Mind you the fact that my suitcase went missing and still hasn't turned up didn't help.
The hotel hasn't heard of "health and safety" yet but I guess you could give them another couple of years when they've joined the EU and that will be sorted - by then we probably won't be able to afford it......
The weather wasn't great - we got three days of sunshine so there was no rush on the sun loungers - you had your choice!
People were friendly and all in all I would have to say the Spa at the hotel made up for any shortfall - I'd go back for that alone - total relaxation.
Everything is so cheap there especially eating out.
I'm not disappointed I've been and I wouldn't put anybody off going - its an experience. Looking forward to the next one - possibly Croatia
Hi.Don't have great expectations smth to be changed in Victoria Palace in the recent years because may after some years there...won't be Victoria Palace!It is said that the hotel is going slowly to fall down to the sea short because like most of the new hotels in Sb it has been built very fast...i myself hope that this won't happen because above all it is very good hotel.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.