Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi Sooze

Sorry you considered it expensive - we found Cyprus far more expensive in February this year.

I didn't spot you at the RockFest - but not knowing what you look like made it difficult :) :) :rofl

Dave
My partner has a mohawk and was either wearing a ZZ Top or Hendrix t-shirts - although that could be a dozen people!
sorry to hear that you found the island to be expensive , to be honest with you we have only been the once and that was last year staying in Rhodes town , the prices you quoted for the trip to Symi and for beer are more or less the same as what we paid last year. we were really surprised by how much we didn't spend , we didn't book any trips through the rep either, included in the price was a taxi pick up from hotel to the harbour .
Found the people in Lindos to be the best I have encountered anywhere I have been, superb friendly people the only exception was ironically in that socrates bar with one of the bar staff and I have vowed never to set foot in that gaff again.
We had actually booked for September but cancelled due to the euro and we got a good deal for Mexico but I'm hoping that next year the euro improves so we can go back to Lindos. Been twice, once for our honeymoon 2 years ago and found it to be amazing.
Its funny how we all encounter different experiences, I suppose it's good otherwise there would only ever be one holiday destination to go to!
Good point Sooze

Rhodes is the worst place I've ever been to ;) ;) ;)

Dave
The Gambia is mine and then Rhodes, not that it was awful, I have just been to places that I enjoyed more. Although I must say I found the Gambia dreadful and would have happily come home early.
I thought Rhodes was okay but the resort of Pefkos where we stayed, I had a different opinion, not unlike a street I once lived after it was knocked down. :(

We loved Lindos tho'. ;)
Its been a few years since we were in Lindos. We stayed at the Krana studios, close to yours. It certainly was a great view from there and quite a walk. My calf muscles got a great workout :D We stayed at our pool during the day but did venture down at lunchtime. It wouldn't have been as chaotic for us as we went in October. It thought it was a really pretty place. As for prices- gone are the days when things were cheap, that went with the drachma :(
Thanks for the report, as you can see it brought back memories :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.