Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
So good to hear that you enjoyed my favourite place on earth---- Rhodes.I love the island and never tire of going back again and again.
Glad you had such a good time and you're right so many people stick to their resort and miss out on what a beautiful island Rhodes is. Hopefully your post will encourage others to hire a car and see a bit of the island too.

I'm surprised at your preference for Pefkos as i'm a total Lindos devotee but it wouldn't do for us all to like the same. I do think that you don't really get the feel of Lindos unless you stay in the village itself, you get all the facilities up at Krana but none of the old village charm.

Sounds like you had a great holiday and that's all that matters - vive la difference :tup
Oh I thought Lindos was beautiful and charming and I do understand what you mean about staying in the village - I am sure that would be an amazing experience. I loved looking out at the roof tops at night and until we went to Symi I would have said that Lindos was the most beautiful place I have ever been. I just thought Pefkos was so relaxing and the beach was lovely and great for our 3 year old.
Hi there rachael. How far is Pefkos from Lindos? My niece is getting married in Lindos next year and we are hoping to travel out. Looking for a nice 4* hotel with plenty of stuff for my son who will be just 15 :cheers .
It was an easy 20 min bus ride away or a 7 euro taxi that took about 5 mins (crazy taxi drivers!). Sorry I don't know of any 4 * hotels although the Lindos View (at the top of hill at Lindos, not right in the village) was a very comfy and clean 3*
rachel, that was a lovely review of Pefkos and Lindos :tup

In answer to the question about a 4* hotel, dont think there are any in Pefkos, but we stayed in the Lindia Thallassia (sp?) apartments a couple of years ago. They are lovely beachfront 4* apartments, at the Lindos end of Pefkos and I wouldnt hesistate to recommend them. Not at all rowdy, but enough going on for your 15 year old (especially as the sister resort, Pefki Island is just opposite)
I have been to Lindos 10 times now although we have found the last few times it is getting pricey 3.50 for a bear as an example. Hey your on holiday so it doesnt really matter. we just keep going back we are there for two weeks from Saturday cant wait.
We honeymooned in Pefkos back in '93, when it was just a little place, beginning to take off; We went back for a look in '06 when we were staying in Ixia, and boy, had it changed! I have to say though, I did think it would be a good place to stay, just a bit different from when we went first, so we may well be heading back there soon :tup
Glad you enjoyed Rhodes, though, I love the place!! :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.