Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
absolutely brilliant report thankyou
Super info, thanks.. going (again) tomorrow so will try out some of the restaurants you recommend along with some of our favourites :wink:
Brilliant reading Roma, thanks.
Need to do my report :roll: been back two weeks already, just so busy at this time of the year :D
HI fab report, It's great to get reading about the happenings for the season.
roma

great review. i go on 30th dec and have printed it out to tkae with me. unfortunately i am going out of manchester with monarch. i think i will just get lashed and sleep all the way

bob
:yikes Hullsmoggy sounds like a plan :rofl
We are also going on the dreaded Monarch flight in February as well. What about extra leg room seats, that might be another option for you? The best idea is just to think of the end result ie in 9 hours time we will be in fabulous Goa! thats what I will be doing. Not so sure about the return leg of the journey tho :hmmm down a bottle of Honeybee brandy before the flight :?: :D
Roma
a great review- handy for both newcomers and "oldies". Thanks :D
Great report Roma :) my friends probably came back on the same flight into Manchester as yourselves last Saturday. Spoke to him yesterday and he said that after 7 was very over rated and expensive, they tried to order 3 chicken rogan Josh but the waiter insisted on bringing 1 and 2 different dishes which they didn`t order or want and was very insistant on them trying the dishes they didn`t order. This scenario reminds me of East meets West last year :( In the end they got what they wanted but it put a real downer on their experience there.

£30 for the baggage boys :shock: disgusting :!:
gemma

if it works on the way out it will be the same plan on the way back as we are getting picked up so don't have to drive :glynis :glynis
£30 for the baggage!!!! that is DISGUSTING!!!!! they are just getting away with too much there.... makes me all the more determined to hold onto my cases when i get there ... they are getting NOTHING from us this year!! :roll:
well- I tried hard not to say anything but sorry- anyone handing over £30 to porters is just plain daft!
a friend came back on saturday with £70 worth of rupees for me so it looks like i will upset a few people at dabolim airport when i hand over local currency not sterling. It should be funny to see the look on their faces though

bob
Bet they weren't members of here :lol: if they were they'd have known better.
Also had a mate who bought me back a "few" rupees :wink:
I can feel a 10rps tip coming on............ :twisted: :rofl
10 rupees for 4 cases AND the hand luggage :rofl
and a piggyback for me as well :rofl
Good reading Roma - any changes at the Alburquerque ? We are staying at the Sunset in March as the 'Alby' put there prices right up to cover the cost of the new blocks they had built,also he used to 'hold' our rooms for the following season as we were regulars but failed to do so this time,so we were 'miffed' to say the least...
Hi Spike - You'll probably remember that it was your recommendation that drew us to the Albuquerque in the first place and we've raised a glass to you once or twice because we love it.

No real changes but they are very busy - people now booking into 2008! I don't think they need to try very hard because they are turning business away. It's a great location and kept immaculately clean.

Jala still runs the front desk and the room boys all the same although the old gardener wasn't there this year. Just spoke to Jala this morning and she's managed to slot us in for three weeks nex November - she originally said they were booked up.

Hope you enjoy the Sunset - look forward to hearing about it.
Roma, it's not the Arabian Sea, but it's nice to make contact again. Good to see your report on here, lots of useful information for all. I still have to laugh at the security man going into great detail about security on the beach then walking of leaving his bag behind, faultless.

Restaurants got to add Sweet Chilly in Sinquerim, excellent food, good surroundings and entertainment, plus very reasonable prices.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.