Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
No moral lectures please, if you don't have the answer to my specific question then please just ignore.
:D

No moral lectures coming, but it's an interesting discussion point. However as you want a cut and thrust answer, topless sunbathing is widely participated in the mass market beaches on Phuket, and i'm sure you won't have a problem, just a few pervy lecherous looks. After all, if anyone needs a dose of boobs, they can just walk into one of the hundreds of relevant bars a short stroll inland from Patong.

In some of the quieter beaches you will make some locals feel uncomfortable and you might get the reaction to match, i'd judge it by the number of other topless bathers - i.e. don't look to start a trend. Not sure what the actual law states.
Thanks TS, that was helpful, can anyone recommend a certain resort or beach that is more topfree friendly than others?

thank you
Better make sure you pick the right beaches as its actually illegal for women to go topless on some beaches e.g. national parks. You're probably ok at some of the busier beaches on Phuket like Patong Kata and Karon, many hotels will have their own policy. The Thais themselves aren't to keen on the idea and find it offensive, although I gather many Thai men consider it a free show.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.