Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Hi,

Been to Cypsela for various lengths of time over the last 3years - and wasn't aware of any bird scarers - come to think of it I don't remember many birds..
Can't comment on the lighting as we were in a static, and we take our own sheets.

We will be there for 18 nights this year - can't wait - 19 days and counting down.

Regards,

Andy.
  • Edited by Andy4467 2009-06-29 13:00:23
If you're in a static caravan with double-glazing you should be ok - take your earplugs incase!
Osteo

When did you visit Cypsela? we have allways visited in the peak season.

Andy
We were there the week before half term and the week after 19th May until 3rd June this year. Apart from the the issues I mentioned it is a fab site - its just nice to get some sleep and not go home more shattered than when you arrived, other than if you intended to stay up all night, having fun. Once the birdscarer gets going the dogs start barking and then the babies get woken up and ....
Hope you have a good time and that they've persuaded the farmer to at least turn it off during the night.
Maybe it is a seasonal thing ?

I'm no farmer (my gardening isn't up to much either) but it may be used only when he has seeded some crops to keep the birds off until the crop becomes established. That may explain why people haven't heard it during peak season.

Just a thought.

John.
was there for the first 2 weeks of June and sure enough, the bird scarer was going every night. it didn't affect us sleeping though - couldn't hear it once we went inside the MH. Great campsite - we loved it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.