If you make it all the way downunder to New Zealand and Australia you must visit Fiji.

My family and I just got back from Fiji and want to tell you about the experience and the people we stayed with

As it says on Danny's website "When you visit Fiji there is nothing wrong with spending time in a resort but why not also spend some time in a real Fijian village and see for yourself how the Fijian people live".

If you want to experience the real Fiji you have to go to Danny's Village Homestay. At Danny's you have your own cabin so unlike a normal homestay you don't stay in the hosts house. For the price they charge...one price for accommodation and all meals (the meals are huge) fresh fish, seafood, fruit and vegetables, it is really fantastic.

Once you get over the "geez this is a bit rough" i.e. no ensuites and very basic, you will have a true life experience. I went with my husband and three kids and we all had a awesome time. The people of the village are friendly and there is so much to do around the village (the villagers were a little reserved when we first arrive as they did not know us but once we approached them and talked to them about what to do and what was happening around the village and could my family be involved...it was non stop...we even went with the village rugby team to Suva to watch them play against another village team) or if you don't want to do anything you can just relax on the beach or snorkel in the water in front of the village.

The cabins are right on the beach and the water crystal clear.