Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
I have been checking the late deals myself, teletext and otbeach are coming up cheap at the moment for Blue Bay which is in Kremasti near the airport, has a waterpark but beach not great, and several hotels in Kiotari (miraluna, rodos beach, rodos maris) I have been to the last 2 and both were good greek standard AI, but at the other end of the island to the airport and Rhodes Town, near Lindos though so it depends on what you are after in the way of location and facilities. The Sun Palace in Faliraki gets good reviews as well.
Many thanks for your advise and suggestions. Yes Ive been looking at teletex and otbeach and finding prices and dates changing very quickly so very keen to book something this week. We are just happy to stay anywhere really, providing the hotel is clean, food nice and warm weather.

Hope you manage to find something soon too. Would be interested to hear where you have found.

Many thanks
We are waiting for one of our sons passport to come back before we book. Hoping to get the Rodos Maris in Kiotari from Stansted (1 week or 10 days if we can get it) and will hire a car from the airport as it will work out quite cheaply once you take 2 taxi transfers into account. We want this hotel as its a good standard all-inc. The facilities are good including 3 extra bookable restaurants as well as the main buffet one included in the price and good kids facilities, filled mini bar etc. Its near Lindos and a couple of nice villages and we will also use the car to get upto Rhodes Town and down to Prasonissi. Just want a quick break before the winter. Good luck and if you need any info send me a pm.
Hi Ninkynonk

I hope your sons passport arrives soon. Mine expired this summer so thought it would be easy enough to take some digital photos and send those....NO it wasnt!! They were returned and I ended up having to go to a photo booth to get these done in the end but it only took about a week after that.

Still searching for a holiday. Im actually now fed up with looking but Im going to stay here today until I find something. Hope you find something soon too.
Tpebop I have been looking everywhere, its the flight thats expensive at the moment.

Chikab how is the search going?
Thinking about going to the Sun Palace Hotel in the first week of September. I got quoted £1134 for two people staying All INC, does that sound about right?
That is a lot of money to eat the SAME FOOD for the duration of a holiday.Take my advise & go self catering. You will save money. Plus you can eat QUALITY Greek food etc in the many Tavernas in Faliraki.I have some recomendations for example. The Family Taverna is about 5 min. walk from the Sun Palace. A FOUR COURSE meal will cost between 8 & 10 euros. Likewise @ Romeli or The Desert Rose.
You are right, I agree. just checked the prices, might have a think about bed and breakfast for 2 weeks instead of 1 week all inc, which cost the same. I can only find the Sun Palace for all inc prices.. Back to the drawing board finding a hotel.
Whilst I am not a fan of AI, you must remember that it's not only one meal a day you'll want if you are SC. or B&B.Also ice cream, water etc. during the day. You should factor this in when pricing your holiday.Whatever you choose,Rhodes is a beautiful island and I'm sure you'll love it.
You do have a point. I'll be gong to Egypt for the 3rd time in March and I have always gone All Inc, just because there's nothing outside of the hotel if your miles away from Namba bay, the resort centre. However when I went to Cyprus in 2007 we only went Self catering, which was nice going out and about to the local places to eat.

Need to have a think about what we need, as I'm sure we'll be going out from the hotel most nights I'm sure, maybe paying for All Inc isn't going to be worth it.

What's the prices like our their for the essentials?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.