Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Hi Charlie,
Excellent choice. The Socrates was great - friendly, quiet and conveniently located. I don't think you need worry about being allocated a noisy room. As Helen said the whole complex seemed quiet in the evenings and we were there in August. This isn't to say that it was dead, as the bar was open until late at night but they seemed to respect that after a certain time people needed peace to sleep. Just to confirm what Helen said- One evening, on returning to our apartments around 12.30pm there was a bit of a get together on the balcony of our neighbours. We saw them outside when we passed (ground floor) and could also hear them in the corridor. We thought, oh no, hope they don't keep the noise up too late but surprisingly once we got inside our room and closed the door we couldn't hear anything ;) Enjoy :cheers
thanks for the info am really pleased its quiet accomodation, thats put my mind at rest.
Charlie - we also went to Kamari a couple of years ago. We really enjoyed, but found it a little quiet for us. Stalis is very different.
We ate at Socrates Taverna .Excellent food not sure if it is linked to those apartments though.
It isn't linked to the apartments, but I agree that the food there was gorgeous - would highly recommend it.
Hi there,

My hubby and I are off to Stalis for a 4th time in July and we have previously stayed at the Stelios Stalis Apts but this year we are booked into the Moonlight and wondered if anyone could give us a better idea on it's location.
We booked through Thomson and their map shows it to be roughly up from the Blue Sea Resort and up behind Marias Golden Beach (roughly!) but I have read some reviews on Moonlight and although it hasn't got it's own pool people commented about a pool across the road, which they say is the Ariadne.
I think this is towards the Malia end of Stalis?

Anyway any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you

Clare* :sun2
Have a look on here,

http://www.stalis.info/default-en.htm

It's at the Malia end of Stalis, and there are a few pools in this area you can use.

The beach is also quite near, and you can gain access to it down the side of the Ariadne or the Neon Hotel.

Ed.
stayed in the moonlight twice. nice location and very friendly. When booking in make sure your room is not at the front as it is very small, not very much room as the the double bed takes almost all the space.

overall a very friendly hotel. we even get a christmas card from the each year.
Hi bomoonsea

Just wondered if you could give me a good idea of what your choices are for breakfast at the Moonlight? We always stay s/c so for breakfast we only usually have a cup of tea, glass of juice and a cob with butter and jam.
Any info is much appreciated.

Thank you

Hi LoveLindos
Normal greek fare. tea/coffee/fruit juices, toast or bread or cake, cheese/sliced meat. Its help yourself and as much as you would like. breakfast is normally taken inside or outside. as it is a small hotel its a very friendly affair.

any more info, please ask
Thanks for that info bomoonsea we thought it would be something like that. I take it there's also butter and other spreads? Any cereals?
Also I know we have to pay for the use of the fridge (which we will get to keep the Mythos and Ouzo cool!!!) do you know how much it was for the week? I read somewhere it's 20 euros but wasn't sure how upto date it was?
And is there a kettle in the rooms?

Thanks again for your help

Not sure about a kettle. Yes there are spreads, butter, honey and jams, also breakfast cereals with milk.

You have to pay for the fridge and air con. approx 20 euros for the fidge. not sure about the cost of air con as we did not need it when we went last late september. There are few small supermarkets close by to stock up.

Hope this helps
hi ya
we are going in the middle of june 2010 just wonder what the prices in the bars were like and what the food is priced at .its our first time in crete and the first time our kids 14 and 11 have been anywhere
as we normaly holiday in the uk . we are staying in a place over the road from the little church called soleli appartments
thanks for your help
Hi we are due to go to Stalis in September could you tell me if there where any live singers on when you where there and if so in which bars?
We went last year and there was a good singer on in the Irish bar O'Sheas I think it was called.
What where the prices of drinks etc as we found it expensive last year but then again the euro is very bad!!

Looking forward to it now :)
Stalis last june we were paying about 3 euro for a large beer but depending on where you wanted to drink, quite a few places were doing specials with a pint costing 2.5 euro but I was told some bars were buying really cheap beer in bulk from the supermarkets and selling it as draft.I think eating and drinking out in stalis is pretty reasonable compared to the other end of the island was in rethymnon in august last year and boy was it expensive it was a struggle to find a large beer for less than 4.5 euro anywhere and you had to be really careful where you ate.
Rick.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.