Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
there are about a hundred ATM's on Crete at least 3 in the stalis area [mastercard] not sure about visa
you will find the search link in the where to find an ATM thread nearer the top of the Crete index page

you are not far from one of the most famous Greek ruins near Irakilon is the Minoan ruins

yasus

wizard
When we were in Corfu we went on an organized bus tour of the island. It included a very knowledgeable guide who gave us a full history of the sites and the Greek mythology of the area. It was fascinating. There'll probably be the same type of thing on Crete. Sorry, I can't advise on how to visit independently.
Hi
We went to Stalis last year and it was the best holiday so far,there are several cash points one at the posh hotel as you walk towards the Malia end of town and several if you walk the other way pass the shops,im quite sure i used Visa and mastercard in them all,the only problem i had was you could only get out 200 euros at a time.
We went on the boat trip to San Torrini which is a great island and very photogenic also get the land train to Star beach which is a good place to spend the day.
There are several agents in the town which arrange trips to most parts of the island including the Greek ruins(we never got to go on that one)and you can go on a Coach/Boat trip to Spinalonga,wouldn't advise this on a hot day as we nearly melted walking around the buildings with not much air circulating,but you do stop at a great beach on the way for a barbecue and a swim.
Trying to book up to go back next year :tup have a great time :sun2
Thanks very much for your help folks :wave:

I guessed there would be plenty of ATMs but having not been there didnt want to take the risk of me wages going in but not being able to draw on em!

Hmm Im thinking that even though we are hiring a car we might do a couple of "organised" trips also, as we arent familiar with the area.

Definately visiting the sites you've recommended!

Thanks again :wave:
If you go to knossos under your own steam go in the afternoon after the coaches have been.

with regards to atm's make sure you tell your bank you are going to crete, some banks are strict enough
to notice use of your card outside the uk and switch it off!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.