Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hello Mate, I take it you mean you are staying in Pernera? Anyway, a walk along the new "boardwalk" into Protaras will take 20-30 mins depending on how quickly you walk. Mind you, there are a couple of good bars in Pernera, including KoKos and Windmills. There are also regular buses and of course taxi's(the rank is right outside your hotel). Admittedly, the beaches are better in Protaras but you can still enjoy all the same watersports at the 3-4 bays that service Pernera. There is a very good Mexican opposite your hotel and a steak restaurant basically in your hotel car-park. Lots of Fools and Horses bars in the area. The windmills will definately be showing the football and if you turn right out of your hotel, it's about 50 yards up the road. Have a great time.
Yeah sorry, I meant Pernera, I knew I was spelling it wrong :whoops

The boardwalk, that actually sounds like a nice walk as well? Then again, all inclusive finishes at 12, so it may end up being a Taxi!

Have you heard any reviews about the hotel itself? I've read mixed reviews, something which I also read on my last visit to Ayia Napa and the hotel there was spot on.

Thanks for replying!

:)
In all honesty, I've walked past it hundreds of times, possibly the biggest hotel in the area but not heard anything about it good or bad. It is right in the centre of Pernera and all the bars and restaurants I have mentioned are within staggering distance, turn left out of the hotel then first left and the beach is about 5 mins. Not sure what you like to do, clubbing/drinking but Pernera is quite family orientated so there are loads of tribute acts in the bars, from Elvis to Robbie Williams.
To be fair we like doing both, we will be spending a couple of nights in Napa, one of my mates is working out there at the moment and I love the place.

I'm also expecting us to be drinking in Protaras. The entertainment around the Hotel sounds good though, our lass would love a Robbie Williams tribute style act :tup

Thanks again for the info.
:wave:

Ive stopped in the Elamaris 3 times... and its not a bad place...

Its not a top notch posh Palace... that needs saying as I think they are saying 4 star these days... its more like 3 star to me... but that suits us fine as we only use the hotel as a base to explore from.
They do have a decent size pool area, bar at the side, usually some entertainment etc... the food if you are all inc is ok, nothing special (would recommend eating out a few times to see what Cyprus can really do) Drinks at the bar are a little more expensive than other places (not a worry on all inc)
Rooms are quite big and clean, TV's were added a few years back but we had to move the furniture about so we could see it LOL
Best thing about it, is the location, its right in the middle of everything.. (its also probably quicker from the Elamaris to walk to Protaras along the top road rather than heading all the way down to the beach)

here is the hotel Crown Resorts Elamaris

Steve
Cant comment on the hotel itself we usually stay down the road at the Issac Apartments. Just past these apartments is a small sandy beach and if you join the Boardwalk there it takes 10-15 minutes tops to the one end of the Protaras strip, theres a couple of bars on the walk round if you need to stop for a rest. Its very well lit on a night and we've walked there late at night with no problems at all. Robbie Williams :tup appears in most of the bars doing shows in Pernera, we saw him at a Bar two minutes from your hotel, come out turn left follow the road round and turn 1st left and the pub is just on the left, the name escapes me at the moment.

We like to have a least one night in Ayia Napa, you can even get the bus there (but not back as they stop running in the evening) and then a taxi back. Taxis are good as the ranks all have the prices written on boards so you know what you will paying before you get in.

As said previously you will get to see practically any British Football, I can recommend the Specrum bar they have about 5 tvs all showing different games (on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon).

Have a great time, roll on October when we're back out there
(the Mexican) Ranch Bar ?... Windmills ?... a long time ago, the Waterloo, ( is now the point bar) ?..

they are just aroud the corner from the Elamaris... and the Ranch Bar is one of the big players in the night time entertainment (we've spent many many many a night in there)

aaargh... third time edit.. can't post you tube links on here.. just search said site for "askcyprus".. you will find the links
Think it was the Ranch Bar, only been in there the once, was busy enough and a good night but getting served at the Bar was a nightmare so we didnt go back. Maybe give it another try this year.
Bluemax, the Ranch bar has table service that is usually spot on, so no need to go to the bar...
We usually walk in and go to the bar, order a round then go and find tables.... after that one of the staff will be with you if you look in their direction of shout up as they are passing !

:cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.