Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Can't help with Cairo or Alexandria, but you don't actually have to register with the police. All you do is fill out the landing card that the airline give you and hand that in when you go through passport control.
This registration procedure no longer applies. It has been discontinued since a few years now.

When is the match and in which area of Cairo will you be staying ?
Ah.... just found the date of the match...

http://liveonsat.com/daily.php?start_dd=29&start_mm=08&start_yyyy=2007&end_dd=29&end_mm=08&end_yyyy=2007

It looks as of this match will not be seen here in the middle east at all.
thanks for your replies!
good to know that the registration with police is no longer needed, less hassle :lol:

As for the game, I too checked the link and like you say it seems that it will not be shown in the middle east but im living in the hope that Aljazeera Sport buy the rights for the match because from my own experiences i have noticed the the website liveonsat only put the channels that have the match confirmed and i have noticed that Aljazeera Sport and also ART sometimes dont put out the matches they will be showing until a few days before.......
So if you could point me in the right direction for any sports bars etc where european football is shown, I would be much obliged....
I am going to be staying in 6th October City.....

Thanks
Yeah, I am surprised that ART are not yet listed as showing it. Al Jazera Sports were showing last year the UEFA matches not the Chmapions League which is, or should still be, with ART.

6th October City.... I hardly know anything over there - have nt been out there in years. But I am sure quite a few of the cafes in Mohandiseen would show ART matches, as they do in Heliopolis. Philies in Mohandiseen, Grand Cafe ( such as in Maadi or on the Nile at Giza, etc etc. ). If you are British you could suddenly join the BCA - they have a branch in Mohandiseen ( google for their website ).
Thanks for the reply swisssinai, it was very helpful, I had a look at the BCA website and its very interesting.

Ill ask around once there and hopefully will find somewhere suitable!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.