Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Club Cettia is a good 20 minute walk from Club Julian, it is on a different bus route probably just as far to the beach from it yummy if you look at the marmaris map om this forum you will find it there, sorry I am no good at posting links, hope this helps you.
ah right, i didnt know that. I have just been reading the reports on this forum and it says if you come out of the club julian turn right and walk for a bit.
On a website it says its 0.2 miles to cettia apts.

So, up to now i have found out its about a 15-20mins walk to the beach front (prom) from the cettia apts, we can get the number 3 bus, theres quite a few nice restaurants near our apartments. Theres a water taxi from marmaris to the next resort.

Does anyone know where the main nightlife is? is it near where all the boat trips start off at in marmaris?

I'm also a bit worried regarding unwanted attention off the local males. My partners work colleuge has just come back from Turkey( not marmaris, but a different resort beginning with A) and he said the local males 'try it on with anyone', and they even flirted and touched a woman when her partner was present.

I am well aware that dressing in skimpy clothing is obviously going to attract attention, not only from the locals, but from any man. I suppose its just basic common sense, covering up when your not on the beach, not walking around in tight shorts and a bikini top.

I have been to India 7 times, so i am fully aware of respecting different cultures.
I suppose this post is for my partners benefit, as he is a bit worried after hearing the things that his work colleuge told him.
You will be fine, yes the men do flirt but mostly in a nice way. They are just like young lads anywhere if they think the lady is interested in them. (Some are big headed of course). Don't take things too seriously.

I find its mostly young people that get alarmed about this flirting, where as older people see it as harmless fun.

I am sure you won't be short of finding great bars right accress Marmaris, the harbour area has lots near it plus a bazzar in the old town area. There's a marina with posh yachts and shops too
I would say you could walk to Club Cettia from Club Julian in 10 mins. Out Julian immediate right until you hit the next main road then up the hill a wee bit. Lots of bars and restaurants in this area and the number 3 dolmus will take you from Cettia down to the front.

Night life can be found in various locations in Marmaris. Bar St is popular with the younger crowd down near to the Marina. Just before this you will see many of the boat trips leaving. Also nearer to Cettia itself but on the front just down from the Point Centre there is good night life too.

Wilson ;)
thanks very much Wilson :) yes we do enjoy clubbing, as this will be our first week away without our little boy since before he was born 6 years ago, so we want to make the most of it.

What we usually do is have a drink on our balcony, have a nice walk to find somewhere to eat, and then head to a few bars.
I think we might head to bar street once or twice, but to be honest i dont think im up for drinking until 3-4am like i did when i was 18 :rofl .

I have been having a look at photos of the cettia resort and the lighthouse looks amazing. I take it you could have your evening meal on top where the table and chairs are?
Can anyone recommend any nice restaurants and bars?

thanks very much,

Nicola
yummymummy

Branded spirits can be expensive in Turkey. We too like a 'sundowner' on the balcony and bring in some duty free with us. Usually the two litre bottles of spirit for £15 deal. As I say wall to wall restaurants. If you like Indian the Taj Mahal gets a good reputation. We always go to the 'Garden Restaurant' which is down the front near Natalies Steak House and many more.

Wilson ;)
thanks for that. We are thinking of getting one or two bottles of vodka or Jack Daniels in duty free in Manchester before we board the plane.

Yes i absolutely adore Indian food, so i'll definetly be heading to the Taj Mahal restaurant.

Do you know if there are any Mexican restaurants in or close to Marmaris?

My taste is quite varied ( i like Indian food, Mexican, Italian etc), but my partner's taste is quite simple :( . He'd much rather have a steak.
You will find that there are plenty of restaurants that will do say chinese, italian, mexican meals and have different menu's. Le Madri springs to mind and last year the good lady had a mexican chicken type dish while I went for a nice sweet & sour chicken dish from their chinese menu. You will of course ask is the chef mexican ... well, I wouldn't think so. I've noticed over the years that the number of authentic chinese etc is getting less. When I say that I mean the people who serve the tables. Not sure about the actual chefs. The Taj Mahal is a great restaurant in my opinion and I like the food but I can't remember the last time I was served by someone of Indian origin. Still a good place though !

Wilson ;)
most of the younger people seem to use bar street next to the bazzar.and there are some lovely restuarants at the marina.. we always have a good meal at andy's just past mcdonalds thats the first macdonalds when you come out the bazzar and head down the main street.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.