Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
We stayed in a room on the top (15th) floor in April and it had aircon. I don't think all of the rooms have it though.
We have just got back from staying at the Bouganville Play and my brother in law stayed at Princessa Dacil and didn't have air con in his room and was very jealous of us when the came up to our place for the day. Not sure what floor he was on though. I will try to find out.
I just got back from the Sol Dacil last week...Basically if you have stayed in any of the nice 4 star hotels in Tenerife (e.g the Bitacora/Vulcano or Noelia Sur) and are expecting the same standards don't go there but there again its 3 star...On the other hand it cost me half the price of what it would have cost to stay at those hotels...The hotel was clean..The maids worked hard on keeping the rooms nice and clean...The food was ok but certainly nothing to write home about IMHO...usually if you searched in the evenings you could find something that was ok to eat..
If you are looking for ideas on a future tattoo design you will find plenty of inspiration :)
We paid £138 for 3 nights half-board for 2 people in April. For that we got a huge air-conditioned room on the 15th floor with fantastic views over Los Cristianos. The hotel was very clean and the staff friendly and helpful. As mentioned earlier, this is a 3* hotel and this should be taken into account when booking. The food we found perfectly acceptable but not outstanding in any way. The only exception to this was the cooked breakfast, which I have to say was truly disgusting. However, there were plenty of alternatives so it was not a problem. We found that it paid to get to the dining room early or to wait until the chef had just cooked a fresh batch of whatever was on offer. I would imagine that it would be a bit chaotic in the dining room in the main summer season but it was fairly quiet when we were there. We thought it was a great value for money hotel.
Has anyone stayed at his hotel or got any info on it, eg location rooms etc
We stayed here Jan 07, rooms overlooking the pool get the sun but on the other side, there is no sun all day. we found the food a bit bland, and after 2 nights decided to eat out, although we did eat breakfast, which can only be described as a free for all, but it was decent enough to get by, don't expect too much!
Hi I just wondered wether anyone had been here or knows much about hotel,I am booked to go there in a couple of months and to be honest I feel like cancelling the whole thing.I didnt expect luxury just a 3 star hotel suitable for families with fairly decent food etc.I work in travel industry and it was the best priced hotel available at the time I booked several moths ago.The reviews were ok(not fab) when I booked but are getting worse.Someone please reassure me.
emso
I didnt expect luxury just a 3 star hotel suitable for families with fairly decent food etc.

this is what you will find in my opinion :wave:

I've been a couple of time to this hotel and not had a problem....and would go back tomorrow :wave:

if its changed a lot in a short while (and I don't know) I'm sure someone will let you know soon...enjoy :sun2 :sun2 :sun2
thanks for the reply. people who have stayed there over the years did always seem to rate it ,but I think reviews are getting worse, lets hope the start of summer season will see,better entertainment,food etc and problems with lifts etc will be sorted,fingers crossed.
well we did go in may, hotel is old and tired in parts, but we still had a great holiday,the hotel rooms were very clean and we always found things to eat at meal times,the main problem is the lack of staff in the restaurant(this improved towards the end of our stay ) and the main bar sometimes only 1 or if lucky 2 people serving,this didnt really matter to us but the people on AI were really fed up.The entertainment could have been better,but the animation staff we met were really nice and activities were arranged for the kids,mine especially liked the pool games and the crazy mat organised by Philip .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.