Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
The obvious one is Nessebar, only 1 Lev or on on the bus. Other places would be Sozopol, a nice place just down the coast a bit, usually sold by reps as part of the Ropotamo River excursion, which some like & some don't; The Blue Mouintains, which is OK, but watch the included visit to a crystal factory - the prices are a bit high, there is a lovely crystal shop in Nessebar which is much cheaper, and they will pack your purchase for the flight home, at no charge. There are numerous variations on the boat trip excursions, just pick what you want, and the ubiquitous jeep safari. Bourgas isn't bad, either for a change, and you can even visit Istanbul!. I'm sure there will be lots of others on here with their lists, there are actually quite a few trips to do
Ah cool, thanks matey!

Am thinking Nessebar and Bourgas maybe for a change. Not heard of Sozopol or the Blue Mountains.. or even the Jeep Safari and river Cruise. Wow, sounds like there's a lot to do!
If you are interested to see a little bit of the real Bulgaria, I would recommend "The blue mountains". I did this trip twice and I enjoyed it. But how good it is, is depending on your tour-operator.

Here you can read my report with a lot of pictures:

http://www.manfred-boettcher.eu/111805/111847.html

Scroll down to "A trip 'The blue stones of Sliven'".
Thank You, this is very helpful indeed. We will be there this Saturday, midnight!!

Planning to change some money in Sunny Beach, when banks open on Monday.
Hi Doonhamer32.

just read you post when you say crystal shop in Nessebar do you mean the one on the left fork after the main gate behind the gallery if so siorry to say he has now shut this shop. :duh :que
I was talking about the one just before you get to the Metrpoliska ruins, but thinking about it, could well be the same one. If it is, shame :(
Greatlooking guy, you will be able to change money at Crown or String exchange on Sunday. Enjoy.
Thank You HMJ, but I was told by that the Banks offer the best rates and it is worth it to exchange there even if one has to travel till Nessebar..??
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.