Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
alison55,

The last time I went to Crete (Rethymnon) was at the end of Sept / early October. It's normally very pleasant with temperatures in the mid to late 20's and blue sky. You do sometimes get odd showers, but it's getting to that time of year. Sea temperatures are nice, I was there diving and they were around 26C from memory.

Darren
Hi Alison55.

I've been to Crete now 8 times, usually in September, and it is still very hot late 20's early 30's. It usually cools down late Oct. Which part of Crete are you going to? It really is a lovely island
been to Crete 4 times on the first week Oct, had the odd heavy downpour in the evening but the rest of the time fairly warm 26/30 deg just watch out for the black devils [mozzies] they are usually out in force

yasus
wizard
We are going to Stalis the end of september may see you there Alison55 :)
It is almost summer at that period. You will enjoy
hi best time to go , yes begining to slow down still hot though plenty to do alot of places will be open the best of them any how, ialways go end sept into oct as have many friends who live there so able to catch up, malia a dive and good 45 min walk from stallis to malia, and expensive for drink compared to stallis, you will enjoy it
Yes, the seas are at their warmest and there will be lots of sun and temps in the high 20's Centigrade. However, it's worth mentioning that the odd shower of rain you might get through September can turn to a torrential day in October, easily 25-50mm in a day. Four years ago in our village we had 145mm in one day in the first week of October. Check the archive page for Iraklio @ weatheronline.co.uk/Greece.htm
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.