Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
You can do it yourself in most ports, but be aware that if you are late back to the ship they will leave without you. If you are on a ship sponsored excursion they will wait.
The suggested dress code for each evening will be in the Cruise compass, a daily bulletin that lists all activities. On your first night it will be casual,as all passengers may not have yet received their luggage. Keep a carry-on with items you might need that first evening, it can take several hrs for them to deliver all the bags. There will be one formal night, it is usually on a day that you're at sea. Most evenings it is smart casual, no shorts or T shirts etc in the DR. Wear what you would if going out for a really nice meal.. the dining rooms are very elegant and they try to keep it that way. Anytime you don't want to bother you can always go to the Windjammer restaurant, it is a buffet. In the evening they have a wide selection of foods and the atmosphere is relaxed casual.
Once on board you will only pay extra for the same things you would on any vacation, drinks, purchases in the shops, spa services.
See the sticky topic DIY Excursions - Med Area at the top of the main Cruise forum.

If you are getting the train to Florence, be aware that you usually have to change trains at Pisa. You don't really have time to do both Pisa and Florence in a day so I would recommend Florence as there isn't much to see at Pisa apart from the leaning tower.

There is a topic HERE with tips for those new to cruising.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.