Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
HI we have not long returned from a med cruise on Voyager of the Seas more men in suits
as to tuxedo, there were 4 men on our table all wearing suits,our 12 yr old grandson wore smart black jeans
a nice shirt with a loose tie[formal night],he looked very smart without a jacket he only came to the evening
meal once with us as he made lots of new friends and they all met in the Windjammer at around 8pm for dinner,
all quite casual :)
annx
Thanks for that. Never quite sure what to pack or more importantly what to buy!! :)
Just returned from Independance of the seas with 2 teenage lads myself here.

We chose on formal nights not to use the formal restaurant, my lads wore jeans (however they were not the usual denim ones - Voi ones with smarter look).....they were no way out of place as many other lads their age 17 and 15 were dressed the same or more casual even)
So you are OK to eat on the rest of the ship in smart jeans?

Are jeans acceptable in the main dining room on semi formal and or casual dining nights, or not at all?
Yes, they are fine, if the boys are teenagers no one will bother even on formal nights....but try and spruce them up as far as they will allow. Try and get them to wear a white or single coloured collared shirt, t-shirts will look out of place. I speak as the father of 2 boys now in 20's and still only wear jeans!!
Yes ditto the above. They will be fine and as hamreg states, a shirt can make all the difference. My lads wore polo tops and looked fine.
Thanks for the replies. All advice is appreciated. Now just have to start counting the weeks away!!
You will have a super time with RCI, plenty to do onboard day and night, you will no doubt not see your lads until you disembark.

If the worst comes to the worst you can hire tuxedos onboard, pricey though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.