Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Nationwide, in an attempt to "lose" those who only have the account for their holidays, have started charging on Monday of this week.

It is a withdrawl fee of £1 plus 2%
;) hi dagnabbit, ive stayed at the primera a few times over the years,its a pretty good 3 star hotel right in the centre of bugibba just a few yards from the main square,indoor pool in the basement,splash pool on the roof,decent rooms,pretty good grub and a smile from the staff, on your visit to valletta dont drive all the way there,parking is impossible during the daytime, as you have a hire car your best option in my view is to drive down to sliema park in the large seafront car park then just walk across the road to the sliema/valletta ferry,its cheap and a short uphill walk into valletta city centre when you arrive,if your staying late check the ferry times as they dont run too late in november,if you miss the last sailing then its cheaper to get a taxi back to the sliema car park than what it would cost back to bugibba.(25euro's) of course if your drinking during the day then travel by bus,they are frequent and cheap.weather wise if your lucky then shorts and sandals will be fine but bear in mind if your visiting churches or st johns co cathedral you may be asked to cover up and the ladies may be asked to wear a headscarf.(supplied) i think you will like bugibba,it has an excellent cafe culture during the evening and there are lots of good places to eat and drink,nice stroll along the prom during the evening is nice,i do hope you have a great holiday on this wonderful island,i shall be there myself in may & august 2011,cheers tiny.
many thanks to both of you, i did hear a whisper about nationwide starting to charge to customers but was unsure when it was going to happen, oh well it was great while it lasted . cheers dag :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.