Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Joe.

Don't worry if you offend some of us on here we can offend you just as well, as to your question yes we do D.I.Y. and have done for the past 4or5 years we book flights with whoever is the cheapest (not much choice from up here) and have been booking our own accomodation from other sites we use a site called owners abroad who we have not had any problems with as to flights from luton to S/B wizzair,but we usually go with Balkan flight only from Glasgow hop[e this helps
thanks mondeo,
we are in norfolk, so can use luton as easily as gatwick midlands etc.
i will take a look at the site you posted, thanks.
do you have any small hotel repeat visitor recommendations i could look at.
joe................
Hi Joe.

sorry cant really help with the small hotel idea as we have been going to a villa complex outside Aheloy for the past couple of years,but as to s/c look at some of the reviews on this site for the likes of the Victoria hotel in Nessebar, or check with some of the other posters on here who have apartments that they rent in S/B or St.Vlas anything else you want to ask feel free. also you could try some of the small travel co's in nessebar area who will have s/c apartments to let in the village houses.
Also have a look at Balkan holidays website they seem to do just accomodation only as an option. :sun2
In addition to Mondeo's suggestions, you could look at Kvartiri BG, which lists accommodation (квартири), family hotels (семейни Ñ!отели), guest houses (къщи за гости) & villas (вили) in many of the Black Sea coastal areas, together with contact details and prices.

You'll need to use something like Google Translate, as the site is in Bulgarian, but look for areas like:

Слънчев бряг - Slanchev Briag/Slanchev Bryag (Sunny Beach)
Несебър - Nesebar (also transliterated by some as Nessebar/Nessebur)
Свети Ð'лас - Sveti Vlas/St. Vlas

Most family hotels will probably offer bed & breakfast (легло и закуска), as that's how they enhance their income - for example, Семеен Ñ!отел "Атол" (family hotel Atol, Sunny Beach) shows a 2010 price of 20 to 45 Leva per night for B&B.

Apartments & villas tend to cater for SC visitors.

Note that Google Translate often mistranslates лв. (Leva) as EUR (Euro), making the prices appear to be nearly double what they actually are, so check the original Bulgarian text for the actual price.

Baldur
thank you mondeo and baldour.
i found the balkan site last night and there are some great deals.
£1000 to £1200 b+b for 2 adults plus a free child mid july 2 weeks, from our local airport, which in turn saves me around £150 on diesel and parking.
b+b may well suit us as although we SC normally we dont cook just might knock up a salad, bacon sarnie, soup etc mid afternoon occasionaly.
we like to eat when and what we want to eat, and like the space of an appt, but many of the hotels i looked at last night seemed to have good size accommodation with a fridge etc.
for me the fridge is a must.
im goin to have a good look through the reviews etc over the next few nights, im guessing these free kiddie places wont be there forever.
i know i have said i want really small hotels but the wife has pointed out that our 9 year old gets bored if there are not many kids around so a slightly more operator type holiday might help there.
anyway i will report back when i have some questions.
thanks for the replies.
joe...........
Have a look at the Yalta apartments. Between SB and St Vlas.

I'm biased I've got an apartment there, but I'm not touting for business.

Decent size apartments. Some can be rented directly from Yalta Hotel, others from owners through various sites which can be found through Google etc.

Hope you enjoy it. Sure you will.
thank you justjoe,
i will take a look.
joe..............
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.