Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
hi sarahnew weather should be nice 70s but might go a bit nippy at night we have been to sunny beach 4 times and we are going back on the 4th of july we love it food in the hotels is rubbish even in the 5* hotels but to eat out is lovely so many different places to eat that caters for everyone hope you have a fab time any more questions just ask x x x
thanks for the help, we are staying in the barcelo royal beach self catering, have you ever stayed there??
The Barcelo Royal Beach is highly rated and very central. I am sure you'll have a great holiday. If you are eating out, venture towards the market area. Condor on the main road or Djannys and Kochike in the market area are good value. Our favorite is Iris, opposite the bus station. All these restaurants are used by the Bulgarians.
Thanks HMJ for the help, really looking forward to the holiday and delighted to have some places recommended to eat ;)
We went last May around the 15th I think. It was gorgeous all week :sun2 (20-30) with a couple of showers over night. Still came back nicely tanned! Have booked again for this year 11th May. I seem to remember a bit of a heat wave though last year all over Europe and UK in late April.

Fingers crossed for everyone!
yea fingers crossed was in salou last year at the same time and the weather was loverly except for one day so hope you have a great holiday :cheers
Hi Sarahnew.

You will find that the Barcelo is great and about 5 mins from the beach also the attached mall is quite good excellent coffe shops especially Coffee Republic, for quick snacks if you come down the escalator at coffee republic across to your left onthe corner is a very handy ber restraunt great for snacks and even the odd meal.
hi mondeo,

thanks very much for your useful tips, i am really looking forward to going, are you going to sunny beach this year?
sarah wrote:
thanks for the help, we are staying in the barcelo royal beach self catering, have you ever stayed there??

First time & you have cracked it already ...well done SC is the only way to go in BG, eating out in traditional Bulgarian restaurants is a great experience ....I hope you have a great holiday.
yea thanks well read all the great advice before booking so hope sc was the best choice :cheers
just wanted to add my voice to the rest. Enjoy the restaurants , you cant go wrong with Djannys, never lets us down.

Try using the buses, they shouldnt be too busy. Nessebar is worth a look, and for eating out the square in St Vlas is worth a lev on the bus to try.

If you fancy a drink and a song try Tony's Karaoke, just along from the Viking night club. Its pretty busy most nights , but not till after 11. Its Karaoke all night, not just a song every half hour.
Hi Sarahnew.

just thinking of a few other restraunts to try if you walk along too the Svete hotel which from the rear of the Barcello is to your Left you will find the flower pub veryfriendly staff and some great food and yes we are going back to Sunny beach this year would not miss it this will be our 20th year just would not be the same any where else although this year staying in Ravda just outside. :wave: :cheers
Hi Mondeo,

My god 20 years you must really love it, just 6 weeks to go now, thanks again for all the great advice :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.