Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi drobbo57.

sorry to hear of your problem must say every time I have hired in Bulgaria I have never had the bad fortune you seem to have had , we always hire from ts travel.net and touch wood never have a problem. :shrug :banghead:
It was a very unfortunate and expensive experience, but I suspect it is perhaps the sort of thing that could happen with any major car rental company in any country. Because of the nature of the business, with one-way hires, etc., spare keys are likely to be held at head office or perhaps the branch where the car was originally purchased and delivered, rather than at the local branch which you rent from.

I know of two similar cases. In one, holidaymakers who rented a car in Glasgow lost the keys in the city, and then had to wait for spare keys to be sent from London. In another, a car rented in Glasgow was taken across to the Republic of Ireland where the keys were lost and once again the spares had to be sent from London. In that case, the insurers provided an alternative vehicle until the spare keys arrived. But in both cases, the rental locations or local branches could do very little, as the spare keys were held elsewhere.

Problems can also occur with tax discs (or insurance discs if applicable) for much the same reason. By the time head office renew the tax or insurance and send the discs on to the branch holding the car at time of renewal, it may have moved on to another branch in another part of the country as part of a one way rental. When discs and car eventually meet up, the hirer may have picked up a ticket for displaying out of date discs.

I hope that your insurance policy will provide cover for the expenses incurred.

David :wave
I used Europcar back in 2007.

Dodgy outfit delivered a tired Polo model from the 1990s. Not quite what you expect from Europcar, and it was ~£120 for 3 days. Couldn't send it back, they had nothing else. But it made mockery of the usual 'six months old' statement.

Were based at the big complex esta of Sveti Vlas, took it Sunny Beach a few times, and up across the hills to Varna.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.