Having visited Sri Lanka on a number of occasions we decided to get married there this March. We decided to buy the ring in Sri Lanka with a plan B of using my late mothers wedding ring for the ceremony if all else failed.
Some of the jewellers in Sri Lanka have a reputation of not being on the right side of honesty however we were via the internet recommended to try Freedom Jewellers in Kulatara run by Nalin Desilva and his father
We stumbled on their shop more back accident than anything else. They seemed genuine on our first visit but we decided to go away and think and return the following day. On our second visit my wife to be discussed what she wanted and the design evolved around her discussions with Nalin. Remember these people make the jewellery themselves it is not off the shelf as in England. We agred a price and paid a deposit.
True to his word Nalin produced the goods on time and the finnished product was beyond my wifes wildest expectation. Back in the UK the valuation far exceeds the price we paid.
To conclude if you require jewellery and are stopping in Kulatara i.e Mermaid, Tangerine Beach Hibiscus or Royal Palms visit this family business for they are both as honest as the day and equally important will give excellent service. Directions find the front gates of the Tangerine Beach Hotel and walk towards the main road away from the beach. The shop is on the right hand side about 100metres from the railway line

Stewart and Paula