Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
it totally depends on what you want from your holiday, and from your hotel.
you could stay in the main part of lloret, or in the quieter area of fenals.
the town will still be busy in mid sept, and there will be a lot of people there for clubbing.
if you want a decent base to explore the surrounding area, then the aquarium in fenals would probably suit.
if you want AI, then the royal star is half way between fenals and town and so you are a 10 minute walk from almost everything.
the marsol on lloret seafront is also very good.
none of these hotels are particularly cheap, but there are a lot of cheaper options.
just make sure you check all the reviews before you book, particularly if you want to book anything cheap.
Hola and thanks for your reply. Are you saying that Lloret is a clubbing venue these days? I'm far too old for that nonsense lol. Me and t'other half like good food and friendly bars - nothing too outrageous. Don't get me wrong - we like a good time - but don't go mad these days now we're 'getting on a bit' :tup
What about trying Tossa del Mar - you could go into Lloret to visit easily on the bus.?
So Tossa is more for my age then....? I'm just over 50 but a young 50 something (if you know what I mean). :D
the main part of lloret, and the main street down to the beach is where all the clubs are. even in september it is usually very busy there with younger people who are into clubbing and having late nights etc.
fenals is a much quieter area, although there are some lively bars around there, and there are some good restaurants.
you are a little younger than me, although i only admit to 39 ;) , so i doubt if you would find fenals too adventurous for a break.
i think you would find tossa a bit too quiet. i find it a great place for a day visit, but would always prefer lloret.
with lloret, as with most resorts, it depends entirely where you stay and what you want. i would still suggest the aquarium or maybe the fenals gardens or oasis park as none of these seem to get the youngsters, and you do get a good nights sleep.
another idea would be to look at malgrat, you can still visit the other resorts easily.malgrat is not really a clubbers resort although they do get teenagers there, and has plenty nice bars and restaurants. look at the maripins -a great hotel, and all the bars are only a 5 minute walk away.
Gracias jimd-f - I'll spend some time having a good look at my options :tup
What about transfers from the airport? Girona isn't it? How much would a taxi be please?
a taxi from the rank at the airport is around €50 each way.
there is also a bus at €8 per person.
details here
you could also use a transfer company like resorthoppa or a2b.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.