Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
A FUNNEL WEB!! It gets worse, aren't they highly venomous?

LM
I think there is only one known species of funnel web that has enough fang and venom to be "deadly" to humans and as far as I could find out they aren't the ones in Cyprus...
ps funnel webs, tarantulas, scorpions and varying other "nasties" have all been found in the UK but I'll bet you haven't seen them there either.. wouldn't let it worry you too much :cheers
I agree with Steve, it never bothered us, the spiders are not poisonous, we we told that the atmosphere was wet so therefore they come out, but believe me the temps are gasping out there at the minute, its really hotting up. I would be more concerned about taking a high factor sun screen lol
Dont be silly this is the first time we saw a tarantula in all the 6 years we have been going to Cyprus and we go twice a year. As for the snakes you tend to get them near to farm land and they normally disappear before you even get a chance to see them. Dont let it spoil your holiday Cyprus is such a beautiful country. :sun2 :D
Yep we are going back and booked for sept 2012. In a villa no less, seen it and costing £450 divided by 6 for a week. We are going back for 2 weeks. It is detached, 3 bedrooms, and a 10x8 swimming pool, absolutely fabulous and all private. So basically £300 per couple and £200 for flights. So mossies, snakes, gorillas, or stick insects, we shall be there.
How did you convince the Missus Derwentrocker, mine has finally put her foot down and our annual jolly will be in Crete this year, not happy, but hey, a holiday is what you make it.....................................back to the island next year, I PROMISE!
The fact is that any hot place will have creepy crawlies, its the heat they love. It never worried us as most hotels abroad we have seen something or other crawling around. Cyprus is a gorgeous place, its a shame you changed to Crete, but you have to feel comfortable. But to be honest its the look of the draw whether you see these critters or not, but they will be there. Enjoy your holiday :cheers
Hi all

Just back from Protaras and had a fantastic time. Glad to report no spiders or snakes about and for the first time in years no mozzies!
This is the first time ever i have not returned home covered in mozzie bites.
We stayed at the Golden Star apts right on the beach fantastic place, spotless, clean towels and bedding everyday and only a couple of minutes walk to the strip. Must admit though it was very humid, upto 90% humidity most nights but we coped with it, glad we had the air conditioning. Would consider returning here although the flight was horrendous, i don't travel well at the best of times, nearly had a panic attack on the way home!

LM
Thanks for the report. It would be appreciated if you could post a review of your hotel in our review site.

luci :wave
Hi Luci,

I have just wrote a review, does not appear to be there yet though, does it take a while to show up on there?

Regards

LM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.