Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi always1more.

in answer to your question yes you can book flights and apartments seperately this is not a problem it's what we have been doing for the past 6 years or so with no problem. let me know what you need to know and i will give you what help I can. :tup :tup
Hello mondeo,

Thanks, that would be great if you could advise us :tup

So basically I need to find flights {recommendations}

Some nice apartments where it is quiet and we can get a sunbed hopefully or decent hotel, been looking at Burgas or Varna, not really sure here, somewhere on a paar like Icmeler Turkey, where we have a nice choice to dine out if self catering. In the evening we like to go for a drink but don't want Night Clubs.

A transfer from the Airport to resort please if you know of somebody who is reliable.

Basically we want to go for around 17 days, near to the Beach though we don't mind walking, just finding it hard as we have never been before and just want to make the right descisions.

Thanks in advance :cheers
You have a few choices; I would say that St Vlas, Ravda or Nessebar would suit what you are looking for. These are all close enough to Sunny Beach but at the same time, far enough away that they still retain a little bit of what Bulgaria is really like.

You have the choice in all 3 of these, to either rent an apartment or book into a hotel yourself and it usually works out cheaper. We've rented apartments in St Vlas and Ravda through holidaylettings.co.uk and villarenters.com in the past.

Heading to this end of the country allows you to book low cost flights through wizzair.com, they fly direct from London Luton to Bourgas throughout the week so you've plenty of flights to choose from. If you go for one of the tour operators you're more or less restricted to 7 or 14 day holidays.

There is a couple who moved over to Bulgaria a few years ago, who run pickups from the airport to apartments etc their email address is keiamand@yahoo.co.uk. If I can remember correctly they charge you 60 levs either way and compared with taxis it's a lot cheaper.
If you're looking for some ideas of what Bulgaria's like, have a look at lonely planet's website, they give you loads of info and obviously us guys on here love Bulgaria so we'll keep you right.

Give us a shout if you want to know anything else
Fantastic mondeo appreaciate the input, will try and read up here and make some notes :tup

I took a peek on a live webcam a little earlier and the weather did not look too promising at that time, looked very cloudy, fingers crossed it will brighten up :cheers
We've had reports that they've to have a heat wave in August so it should pick up, as you go in to Sept the nights start to get a bit cooler but we were out october last year and could walk around during the day in shirt sleeves and just a light jacket at night.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.