Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
hello, My wife and I have twice been away in a hotel with our daughters and us in the same room, the last time was a month ago. not to your hotel, but another in C'an Picafort (the Haiti)
All went well, but my daughters sleep well anyway. Once the novelty had worn off for them of all being together (about the 3rd night) they soon settled into the routine of going to bed.

While they were going to sleep, my wife and I sat out on the balcony and read magazines/books so as not to disturb them, but when they were asleep all was well, even the eldest getting back into bed after a wee-wee trip (she is six) and going straight back to sleep.

You might be able to upgrade to an interconnecting room at your hotel :?: I am sure I saw them on Thomson TV when the shoewd it on there
Hello. As a frequent visitor to the Son Baulo with two children, we have never had a problem with 4 in a room. The rooms are quite spacious even with 4 beds in. You can request an inter-connecting room but these are limited and you may not get one at short notice.
There are no televisions in the rooms but there are two tv lounges downstairs, one for adults and one for children.
We are returning to the Son Baulo on 29th July for our 5th visit. It's a fantastic hotel in a beautiful location, great food and wonderfull staff. When are you going?
Thanks to all the positive reviews on the Son Baulo, especially Son Baulo Princess' very helpful information, we are off there on July 30th with our ten year old daughter.

Maybe we'll bump into you SBP.
Planning on changing most of our money when we get there, does any one know if there is an ATM machine near the Son Baulo Hotel? :)
Closest one is about 100 yards away, turn left out of hotel doors to main road, turn right and follow along there (past hotel concord and Stevieboys bar) it is on right handside outside a little supermarket, just about where the Friday market starts.

Last week ATM exchange rate was 1.27, in Son Baulo hotel rate was 1.229 for sterling travellers cheques and 1.19 got sterling cash, both with no hotel commision, Euro travellers cheques incurred 1% hotel commision.
Help. I booked a twin room then upgraded it to a 'with seaview' and paid £100 more to Thomsons after the hotel direct said all seaview rooms where superior with fridge and tv, that was last year for Son Baulo at Can Picafort. Thomsons are now advertising the past week a twin room or a superior room on the Thomson website. Can not clarify what room I am actually getting and what inside. So confused Thomson's said that they twin for 3 was a superior so why advertise both types now. Am I getting a twin with seaview or a superior with seaview? Any help would be appreciated from any one been recently.
Here's their website why not email them for clarification? http://www.hotelsonbaulomallorca.com/ing_index.htm

If you give them your full name and dates they might be able to let you know. Good luck :tup
Our reviews of the hotel are here:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/mallorca/can-picafort/son-baulo-hotel/
I believe there are 3 types of room at the Son Baulo. Standard: no sea view (they overlook the road), no tv, fridge or kettle. Superior: these have a seaview as well as tv, kettle and fridge. Suite: As superior but large with a lounge area.
If you have paid to upgrade then you will be getting the seaview room. If in doubt, email the hotel direct, they are very helpful.
hi there going to ca,n picafort 19th july hotel son baulo any advice on nearby bars and bar prices in this hotel also quality of hotel :cheers
johnboyab, its been a couple of years since we were there, so not too sure on prices/if bars are still there, but near where you are, on the road that runs behind the promenade, a couple of good bars are Scandals and opposite that, Shenanigans.
In the main part of town The Red lion & Wotsits were ok, on the sea front Trotters and Jamaica bar are probably the two most popular amongst Brits, at least in the day time.
For food, Anne & Neils bar near the Haiti hotel is probably the best home cooked food in the resort, esprcially if you enjoy a proper sunday roast!
Have a great time
Hi i am bookin a 2 week stay for next july at this hotel and am worried theres nothing to do around the hotel....we are looking for a few bars/shops/restaurants etc near the hotel without a 20 min walk into town, could anyone please give me details of things around to do and see :)
Hi there we were at this hotel in july the hotel is fine and there are some nice bars within 50 meters don juan and crazy horse to name a few scandals bar restuarant 150 meters shops and duty free over the road from hotel.Do not get me wrong it is a quieter area but it is also a lot cheaper than can picafort center or alcudia. :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.