Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
The number of tourists has indeed been down this year and whether it picks up after the elections is a matter for conjecture, but personally I feel it may depend on the result of these elections. The country is very much in need of tourists, though of course the contribution to the local economy by those going AI is likely to be somewhat minimal so perhaps they may need a few Libyans with money. :rofl

I'll be back in Sousse on 6th November and hope to get some idea of the mood then, by talking with the locals and ex-pats, but by June it could (and probably will) have changed again.
Thanks aslemma,will be good to hear what the locals aswell as tourists think of the situation,I know what you mean with the uncertainty of the elections and in particular the prospect of the likes of Al-Nahda Al'Islam gaining any noteable power, how likely that is to happen though is a matter of opinion and reading into it it certainly doesn't look like they'd have much mainstream support due to their economic ideas. As far as Libyans goes, like I say, nothing against them as people, just don't want to arrive to find an overwhelming number abusing the buffets, sunbeds etc :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.