Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
fewer numbers
14 Posts
we were the same going only half a flight from glasgow .we were told on boarding sit where you like there were 5 of us and we all had a row to ourselfs .the 3 already out there says there flight was not full either :)
we phoned Thomas cook last week to see if we could get a return seat for a friend of ours...flying tomorrow, they said there were 2 available seats on the flight out, but none on the day we return home! :que
Hi Bluepeterno1

Its Sheena here you have helped me recently can you help me now i am trying to go to altinkum at the end of nov beginning of dec but cant find anything going out from glasgow except prices over £1000 do you know of anything cheaper it would really be appreciated as i so fell in love with altinkum .

Kind Regards
Sheena
We returned on monday and the flight was full..... gutted, I could have done with an extra seat with a 15mth old on my knee!!!

Maybe it's cos I did a package deal with first choice that it was full..... I LOVE it when there's extra seats! Only 23 on the plane... no queue for the loo!!! :rofl

Love Nikki xx
Hi Sheena ,i will have a wee search about and see if i can dig anything up for you .

Know what you mean Nikki,been on a flight with a couple of empty seats before ,but with only 23 filled it would be kind of scary :yikes bit like the Mari Celeste . :rofl

Bluepeterno1 :wave:
I've had a flight to dalaman with 40 people on board.

As it was so empty, people were told which side of the plane to sit, to balance it out for takeoff!!! :que
They also charged for the slightest bit of excess baggage, despite being empty, guess they were trying to recover costs!
returned from turkey yesterday morning ,flying into glasgow .One of the cabin crew was telling me that on the flight out there was only 23 passengers .I know it is getting late in the season but ,we have went later than this in the past and had full plane loads .

The Credit Crunch maybe :que
ok for the planes coming out but i cant seem to get a flight back home any advice looking for anytime next week to scotland
We flew out from Gatwick on Sept 22nd and there were empty rows of seats but coming home yesterday we were full house.

Les
sheena1955

why dont you fly from glasgow to manchester

cheap flight with flybe.com
then manchester to bodrum.
lol loo tony
watch out for cheap flights going out .we did last year £50 (come down to a tenner)going out no return end sept and ended up paying £200+begining 7th 8th of oct to get home.Reps and people living there want to come home before the end of october as the flights are few and bar-between.If you can get a cheap package deal I would go for that
The way things are going just now i would be very wary of taking cheap flights anywhere ,if the big firms are finding it hard then the small ones have no chance ,i think there will still be lots of them who will end up in trouble.

Bluepeterno1
It's difficult to understand Flights.For example we have many more flights into Antalya this year than ever before from the UK. The Airport is full of Thomas Cook,Thomsonfly and First choice flights.Plus BA fly here three times a week from Gatwick.We are using them to go back for the New Year and paid 216 GBP's each.25KG. Luggage,free booze and food.Best deal I've had for ages.The Hotels ( where I live ) are All Inclusive and are full of Brits.So, reading between the lines, the flights must be justified to put the extra flights on and they run for all the season.

Ian
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.