Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
I cant see they would have a problem with any booking providing one of them is over 18 but the booking would need to be in his name .

Sharm is a very long stretch of coasline kay , basically 1 huge road seperating Red sea on one side and desert on the other . The main town is Naama bay where they will find shops , restuarants, bars and nightlife with the likes of pasha and hardrock after midnight . Most hotels centred here with the exception of the sonesta beach club/club which is A/I are HB or B&B although I believe there are some that offer A/I as an option so that could be worth exploring as there could be some extra ones now that I dont know about .

The majority of hotels spread out from here along the coast and there is little outside the hotels to wander although I think the egyptians are trying to address that issue with Nabq bay having an area of bars /resturants as does sharks bay that has soho square outside the savoy. They wont have the same Atmosphere as NB but at least there is somewhere to wander for a change . Most decent hotels run transport down into NB but taxis are cheap and plentiful. We always stay at the hilton in sharks bay with our teenagers and the entertainment team run nightly trips to either Pasha or hardrock and will make sure they get home safely . I would imagine many others do exactly the same . Some of the hotels to look at would be the well established ones such as The hiltons, the tropicana grand azure and one with lots of water slides is the Aqua Blu. There are many more but as we always stay at the hilton Im getting a little out of touch . Hopefully someone will give you some more suggestions but dont be tempted to go cheap in Egypt no matter what they give as a star rating an how good the pictures look unless its a genuine bargain .

Dont think they would have any problem with being served alcohol outside of the hotel . Even in it my lads have never had a problem . Only issue I see is your daughter may be given an under 18 wristband if they stay A/I but many just take your word for age at checkin or failing that her boyfriend always goes to get the drinks.

They will be perfectly safe with the Egyptians who are a lovely, kind, warm hearted people . NB can be a bit of an experience as they are likely to be hassled by shop keepers but as in other places such as turkey a polite smile and no thanks is usually all that is needed.
Thanks thats really helpful
What is nightlife in the hotels like - are there any entertainers etc
The only other question I have is about the wristbanding process
Are you aware of hotels that do seperate wristbands - my daughter would like to have a few drinks but is sensible so Im sort of looking at whether she would be allowed to drink and whether there would be any problems
We are looking at some of the Hiltons anyway - if you dont mind me asking how much were the trips to the nightclubs and did your children do these and if so at what age
Having looked at Tenerife whilst I can see it caters for them on a night, the hotels in the main leave something to be desired in the way of daytime facilities
Thanks again
Evening entertainment is not something Egyptian hotels are the best at. Entertainment is normally pretty chilled and laid back but the larger ones should at least put on the usual cheesy A/I offerings.

some hotels have their own nightclub . Laguna vista has a disco on the beach I believe.

Im sure they would be absolutely fine . Young , in love and all that . We normally take my 20 year old sons girlfriend with us now and find they are always first back to their rooms of an evening . :D
Ok I dont want to encourage under age drinking here but Im also realistic where teenagers are concerned. In my experience with 3 lads who have managed to drink alcohol in A./I's since 15/16 they often get given a childs wristband but once they have got a drink they are never challenged . The tricks they used to get up to . cutting the child bands off and going to reception to say they have lost it giving older brothers name , Getting friends they have made to give them theirs when they leave etc. Dont see it would be a problem if her boyfriend got the drinks . They will be booked as adults and unless the passports are checked mine normally just get asked their age at checkin . If she is brave just say 18 and see what happens . More often than not an adult band will just be clamped on her wrist . Theres no guarantee of course.

Im fairly sure the trips are about £20 sterling which includes transport , entrance fee and a drink or few depending on where they go. Mine have done them again from about 16 and get back safely around 4am . I'd say you get varying ages go between about 16 to early 20's
Hi

I am in a bit of a rush, but just got back from Sharm and I am delighted to say that we found Namma Bay to be busy and buzzing. I was so pleased for them over there. I think most 17 and 18 year olds would find things to do for a week if they based themseves in Namma Bay.

The other alternative is to stay outside and keep getting shuttle buses and taxis in and out, but that might get on teenagers nerves.

Doe :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.