France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Welcome to the forums rockie. We have a previous discussion on this subject HERE.

David :wave
Oh not this old chestnut again!! Don't consider fashion statements when swimming over here - trunks are preferred over bermuda shorts anyday and make sure you empty your pockets before you enter the water!
Hi Rockie, all of the French families you meet will be wearing speedos, but it's worth checking with your tour op as it really depends on the rules of the parc/hotel you are visiting.
DaleyJ wrote:
Hi Rockie, all of the French families you meet will be wearing speedos, but it's worth checking with your tour op as it really depends on the rules of the parc/hotel you are visiting.

Not necessarily, it is one of those rules that gets enforced in some places and not others in my experience. Just make sure you have some proper swimming shorts/trunks available in case they are enforcing the rule. What they won't allow are football type shorts or cut down jeans.
Men's swimwear is becoming more and more popular as being part of the casual look. Wearing loud swimwear with a shirt and going to class is a norm in the warm, sunny states full of wet fun. It is the new aesthetics.
in the warm, sunny states full of wet fun

Funny. I've never heard France being described in this manner.

You aren't 'in the states', nor are you in the UK. Different dress codes - including swimwear - apply in different countries.
the sites we have been to in France so far have allowed shorts ( much to my sons and husbands relief lol )
WHY

Do some UK resident so dis-like swimming Trunks ???

If the campsite says no shorts there is usually a good reason MY campsite owning friends in France both English and French nationalities usually give the same reason

Usually because people forget to empty their pockets before jumping in and then the pool filter gets clogged and no-one can use the pool until the pool has been cleaned and tested.

Never have this problem on Au Nature sites though :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.