Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
That's a useful tip Pete - I'll see if I can get away with that at Tunis in April. I actually had a jar of jam confiscated last year in Denmark at Billund. :roll:

Another small point, in previous years the exchange rate has been the same everywhere but last year my hotel (not the Salem) was giving a very bad rate so I changed notes at the bank which was considerably better. It would appear that you are supposed to produce your passport, as on the receipt I was given there was a space for them to enter the number, but they never asked for mine and my receipts were stamped with my nationality as 'Tunisienne' :rofl
I checked the exchange rates at the hotel and the local banks and found the exchange rate at the Royal Salem no different at all.
That's how it should be Pete, and has always been in the past. I'm sure it is the same now in many places, but it is something to be aware of since some places seem to be taking the opportunity to maximise their profits. :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.