Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
15/20 dinars top (under £10), and you should be able to get it for less, especially if he puts the meter on. Make sure you hold on to your luggage when you leave the airport or the porters will grab it and expect a tip - they will also get a further tip from the taxi driver they steer you towards. :lol: Greet the driver in Arabic 'sbarkhir' (good morning) or 'aslemma' (hello). Say where you want to go then add 'kadesh?' (how much?) Remember to fall about laughing at his first price whilst saying 'la, gahli barcha' (no, too expensive) You should eventually arrive at a price you are happy with. Remember you will need to have local currency which you can change at the airport.

Incidentally I've had a look at the exchange rate this morning and it does seem to have deteriorated quite a bit since I was out there in October. You can print off a currency converter below.

http://www.oanda.com/converter/travel

Hope you have a wonderful time.
aslemma

Thanks for that info
have looked at exchange rate it is slightly worse than when i was there in oct
but still not bad

have a great christmas and a prosperous new year

thanks
colin
And a very happy Christmas and New Year to you too Colin. The exchange rate seemed to stay around the same for a very long time, which was why I noticed it had gone up when I checked. As you say, it isn't bad, but it's still a step in the wrong direction. :roll:
You should come and live on the continent Pat, the Eurorate to TD is still very good.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you Pat and all readers. Unfortunally the GBP-Euro is very bad, so I can't have it all.
Thanks gert-jan but I think I'll stay living here in the UK, fond though I am of my European friends - at least I can speak English fairly fluently. :lol: A very happy Christmas and prosperous New Year to you as well, doubtless I'll see you on here or in another place, even if we never manage to meet up in Tunisia.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.