Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Quick reply - very busy -- I live in Tunisia for half of every year so have seen it all!
!) The only thing that is likely to happen to your daughter is that she will be spoilt rotten - the Tunisians love children in the nicest possible way and she will love the animation team - they are paid to keep the children entertained.
2) you will be fine as you will be with your fiance, so not likely to be bothered by the young men. They can be a pest with single women, but from the reactions that i have seen, that it often reciprocated! No problem in the hotel and grounds
3) there is no health card, but your holiday insurance will ensure that should anything happen, you or your family will be treated at the excellent local private clinics. If just a doctor is needed, the hotel will have one on call and they are excellent.
4)Shop keepers can be a pest, especially now that there are not so many tourists. best advice -- if you are not interested in buying, DO NOT start a conversation - not even to say ''no thanks''. Just ignore them.
5) there are usually lots of uk guests in the summer - not so many in the winter
6) Tunisia is the most liberal of all the Islamic countries. It a woman dresses in very short see through dresses she will get stared at by the young men, but that is all - not arrested or thrown into jail!! Bikinis - even topless are the norm in the hotel grounds. Mini dresses - low tops are the norm in the towns -- nothing extreme will happen at all. The locals have seen it all before!
7) approx 7 million tourists - mainly European - visit Tunisia every year - many return guests - it can't be that bad can it? :) If you do decide to go, please stop worrying -- you'll have a lovely time and your daughter will not want to leave!! xx
Hi, thanks for your reply it has really put my mind at ease! :) x
Hia we have been going to Tunisia since 2007, at first I was wary, after what certain people said, but in all honesty it was the best holiday, we have ever had, and I actually came back feeling like we had been on hol, we have been back every year since, my son was 13 at our 1st visit, and the Tunisian people I found were brilliant with both kids and adults :-) Put your worrys to one side, Im sure you will have a fab time :-)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.