Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi Kelly. Personally i don't like Alcudia; too big and spread out for me. I prefer the East Coast; Sa Coma, S'illot, Cala Bona, Cala Millor. These resorts are within walking distance of each other (but I suppose from say Sa Coma to Cala Bona you would be talking about 50 mins). Sa Coma has a beautiful beach and is very flat with a nice promenade. Quiet resort but very good for families. Not sure about all inclusive places because we usually do S/C. Coma Gran always gets good reviews from people with children. Have a look at Paraiso Apartments which do AI, Palmeras Playa or Sa Coma Playa Hotel. I think the bonus of apartments is the separate bedroom. We stayed at the Sa Coma Playa Hotel last year, half board, and it was good but I much prefer eating out. I think if you booked SC at the Paraiso or Coma Gran you could upgrade to HB or AI once you have sussed the resort out ;) . There are plenty of reasonably priced places to eat.
I love Alcudia, very long and very wide beaches. None of the being squashed next to people (unless you want to!). Personally prefer the port end but the beach is probably at its best nearer the main part of Alcudia. Can Picafort is nice but the beach is narrower and busier.

Stayed in Santa Ponsa for part of our holiday last year and that is nice.
Hi Kelly

I've stayed twice at Club Mac in Alcudia and love it. Entertainment great and so is the food.
my vote goes to santa ponsa, something for eveyone without being a massive resort. nice beach area, safe and they love kids. lots of things to do yet it does not seem like its a packed touristy area.
Hi Kelly,

Another vote for Club Mac in Alcudia, we went two years ago and are going back in June. The place is a family paradise, excellent food with a huge variety, gorgeous pools/grounds and fantastic entertainment/kids clubs/staff etc.

Alcudia itself is beautiful and the beach is ideal for small children,white sand and the sea goes out for miles at paddling depth.

The children call this place their "best holiday ever" that speaks for itself :D
thank you evryone for replies not booked anywhere yet still looking luv kelly x
mmm.depends what you want to do really alcudia is a good family resort but it is sort of spread out and the beach is huge..ive been to the rey don jaime all inc santa ponsa last year v good just across road from small park, beach and mac d's round corner aswell if you wanted it..my favourite was cala dor though lovely resort with small coves...i love majorca and ive got two 13yr olds to take this year so just trying to decide which resort myself..
hi have a look at the sol tordos/mirlos in palma nova it's a/l and the food entertainment and the hotel are great this hotel is so geared towards kids the kids team are excellant and it's all flintstones themed ,My 2 yld grandaughter fell in love with dino and they have disco's ,shows and tons of other stuff for the kid's /adults to. 2 great kids pools also we booked wih direct holidays , outside the hotel there' s trampolines and kids funfair rides ,palma nova has a lovely beach just about a couple min walk from hotel . hope this helps :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.