Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Just had 4 week here,arrived back late last night, will try and help mike.
We had emailed before to request ground floor by relaxation pool,and were given 1816, top floor overlooking a (busy) service road,with a lovely view of a large fence and a building site. :que
A large amount of brits we talked to all complained about their rubbish rooms and were moved the day after arrival.
We were given room 766 which although not refurbished was perfectly acceptable and was ground floor by the pool.
(the "active" pool was very busy and noisy, depends what you prefer)
Must warn you that if you have read reviews regarding the taste of the spirits on offer, they didn't lie, they are foul, and you will need a strong stomach to drink so called gin, whisky,vodka, rum etc. They were all made in the same bath tub, :yikes
if you want a game of pool it costs 10 euro an hour
crazy golf is 5 euro per person
wi-fi internet access is 10 euro per hour or 50 euro for the week
vacate your room by 12 on day of departure, request a 2 hour extension and you will be asked for 60 euro for that privilege.
Having said that we would recommend the albatross and would return if and only IF the price was a bargain,as it was for our month. pm me with any questions mike,
Mike

Cant comment on the RAM because I haven't stayed there.

But picking up on gran's point on the local spirits, if you drink and like something decent if you go to any moderately priced AI in Sharm it will be local spirits, which can be rough. You are probably best off to pick up a couple of decent bottles on the plane of branded stuff if you want a drink before dinner etc Beer is normally OK provided you can get the bottled sakara on the AI, the on tap stuff sometimes tastes a bit water down/week.
Hi Cybergran

Well we are back and only just read your report, we asked for a room near the relaxation pool and got it room 771 not been refurbed but nice and clean and a good size, the bathroom was a bit dated but once again very clean, good shower, towels changed regular and ground floor with pool view.

I know what you mean about the drinks !!!!!! and the Irish bar had a terrible smell to it (maybe it was what they clean it with) the food there was of a very good standard and the staff were a credit to their company, unfortunately we must have picked the wrong 9 days to go !!!!! as the weather was not good, very windy and cloudy most of the time, all in all we had three days of sunshine hey ho and the pools were freezing.

The animation team were not up to much they started the music quiz at 10pm and it was all over by 11pm same as the karaoke but everything taken in to account it was a fantastic hotel.

I too would reccommend this hotel to anyone :tup

Mike
Welcome back Mike, sorry to hear it was all a bit of a mixed bag but at least you seemed to enjoy the majority of your holiday :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.